• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon v ECFC

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, thanks for the confirmation that the old grey cells are still functioning Hants ! Wonder how many tickets we will be allocated in a couple of months time ? We may well sell out the allocation based upon both our current form. It could be a massive game particularly with only another six league games to go thereafter.
Hope there is a really strong referee for this match. Always worry that in this type of match the ref will favour the home team (,subconsciously) in fear of 15k neanderthals getting angry

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope there is a really strong referee for this match. Always worry that in this type of match the ref will favour the home team (,subconsciously) in fear of 15k neanderthals getting angry
Are you referring to Swindon or the Cornish. I didn't think Swindon got 15,000 crowds, best this season was 9500 when the Cornish went to play followed by the Bantams with a thousand fewer.

exeter-loyal

Are you referring to Swindon or the Cornish. I didn't think Swindon got 15,000 crowds, best this season was 9500 when the Cornish went to play followed by the Bantams with a thousand fewer.
I think he's referring to Scum on the 21st of Marxh!

IndoMike

I replied to Ballzy's post about the Cornish game. I agree the the thread is a bit confusing because somehow the Argyle match got involved. Surely if I refer to Neanderthals it's clear I'm talking about Argyle?

Grecian2K

Mike. I think it is remarkably generous to refer to those Cornish antecedents as Neanderthal (not to mention also grievous insult to a noble race of (sadly extinct) evolved primate cousins who, at least, managed bipedal locomotive without the need for the assistance of dragging knuckles)

Perhaps, in the case of such simple life-forms still wallowing in the primeval sludge of Tamar mud and algae, the word "Palaeozoic" might be a more accurate term?

IndoMike

Mike. I think it is remarkably generous to refer to those Cornish antecedents as Neanderthal (not to mention also grievous insult to a noble race of (sadly extinct) evolved primate cousins who, at least, managed bipedal locomotive without the need for the assistance of dragging knuckles)

Perhaps, in the case of such simple life-forms still wallowing in the primeval sludge of Tamar mud and algae, the word "Palaeozoic" might be a more accurate term?
I agree that comparing the Slime with any other form of living creature is an insult to the latter.
In fact, I'm not even sure that our friends in Cornwall, inventors of the beloved pasty (which I dearly miss) deserve to be tainted in such a way by the association with the Slime.
Orrorin Plymouth sums it up, anyway.

Avening Posse

Some way to go to catch the Elland Rd turnout:

2,108 Leeds the following season
1,612 Yeovil Nov 2011
1,533 Argyle Feb 2017
1,513 Yeovil Apr 2016
1,506 Yeovil Dec 2017
Not sure of the number, but it felt like a lot the first time we played Southampton in the 1st season promoted to League 1?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure of the number, but it felt like a lot the first time we played Southampton in the 1st season promoted to League 1?
1829 went to Southampton to see Troy sent off and City lose 3-1. 30,890 in total one of the highest of the season for the Saints.

exeter-loyal

1829 went to Southampton to see Troy sent off and City lose 3-1. 30,890 in total one of the highest of the season for the Saints.
Great turn out that.

I think their will be over 1600 for Swindon away next Saturday.

budegrecian

I agree that comparing the Slime with any other form of living creature is an insult to the latter.
In fact, I'm not even sure that our friends in Cornwall, inventors of the beloved pasty (which I dearly miss) deserve to be tainted in such a way by the association with the Slime.
Orrorin Plymouth sums it up, anyway.
Thank you for this post. As a Cornishman, who's been supporting City for over 50 years, this continual referral to that lot as Cornish is really starting to grate. The truth of it is that, like it or loathe it, the majority of their fans are Devonians in the same way as most Ciy fans are. Certainly & regretably some of my kin folk do cross the border to watch them but some of us are more enlightened & prefer to travel a bit further to watch City.
& you are right about the pasty; surely the finest food ever created.:)