• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

CWH-NYC_

MT disappointed that City didn't compete and were 2nd to the ball all over the pitch......
He tells it exactly as I saw it, (as he does most weeks) up to him now to change it up a bit and get back to winning ways.
Opposition teams should all have it in the playbook now, high ball to back post= goal.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope you guys go up and hats off for making a great atmosphere today
Thanks for your comments, hope you can buy yourselves to promotion without driving yourselves into extinction, see you next season.

Now **** off.

STFC since 1879

Thanks for your comments, hope you can buy yourselves to promotion without driving yourselves into extinction, see you next season.

Now **** off.
You own your club why not put more money in and join us

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because we don't have a 'Sugar Daddy' like you and have to live within our means !

STFC since 1879

Because we don't have a 'Sugar Daddy' like you and have to live within our means !
You're all sugar daddies the world is your oyster and your in charge of your own destiny if you all pull together!

Legohead

Banned
This is the kind of attitude that makes me laugh my arse off when fans like you end up crying in their beer when their club finds itself on the brink of extinction due to financial mismanagement and reliance on one individual. Join you? No thanks.

STFC since 1879

This is the kind of attitude that makes me laugh my arse off when fans like you end up crying in their beer when their club finds itself on the brink of extinction due to financial mismanagement and reliance on one individual. Join you? No thanks.
Whose crying we're debt free and have been for five years and live within our means. Loan players are there for all teams to use and to my knowledge all clubs use them and as for spending lots of money on players & wages you couldn't be further from the truth. Yes we've been active in the transfer market this season but then we are a much bigger club with a bigger fa base bringing in more income.

C j phill

MT disappointed that City didn't compete and were 2nd to the ball all over the pitch......
He's starting to repeat himself and in some ways, what he's saying is a worry.

In recent weeks, in respect of different games, he's said, he knows where we are as a team, that we didn't compete and that we lost our shape, chasing a result.

I assume from these comments, he knows how to come up with a solution , either change some of match day personnel, tactics or shape.

The dead ball delivery today was lamentable. Pre-match goalie warm up, our GK coach could hardly get a ball into our goalie's hands because of the wind. Their corners first half put our defence and Ward in to panic mode each time, resulting in the OG. our corners, second half, we hit low and soft, easily cleared by their defenders.

I hope this isnt the start of our annual slide.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whose crying we're debt free and have been for five years and live within our means. Loan players are there for all teams to use and to my knowledge all clubs use them and as for spending lots of money on players & wages you couldn't be further from the truth. Yes we've been active in the transfer market this season but then we are a much bigger club with a bigger fa base bringing in more income.
So are Notts County.

It's so sad when we get pleas from clubs like Bury or Chesterfield asking to be spared admimistration or disbandment when they have such proud records in the league. Proud? Ripping off creditors, cheating competitors by adopting unfair advantage? Tough ****, be sustainable or get your just deserts when it all goes tits up. Suckers.

Last edited:

Dannyred

Regarding Bowman, as I implied before the game I didn't think he should have started, Taylor seems incapable of dropping him though, why ?

When he's at it he is a very good team player who leads the line very well, for whatever reason he has stopped doing that recently, his body language has been poor and he looks unhappy about something.

I think it's time to give Fisher and Ajose a run together, I think they are our best finishers, Taylor needs to select a pairing and give them a run, he cannot keep chopping and changing week in week out.

One other thing, our final ball is often shocking, we miss Sparkes crossing so much.
Ajose and Matt Jay should start the next game, Think they will be a strong force up front.