• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sutton United Away New Years Day Discussion Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We did play well but if you don’t take your chances you don’t deserve to win.
As the cliche goes, you played well between the two boxes but you struggled to get a shot on target and your centre-half couldn’t handle Nombe.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can confirm my ticket has now been recycled - thanks to NLM 👍

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our squad is obviously in a bad way, however I can't imagine Sutton have a full squad to choose from themselves?

A defeat against these and another one at Vegan Lawn and as even one of the more positive Grecians I'll struggle to make a case for us getting auto's.
I know it sounds defeatist but I really think we need to write off the next two games and treat any points we get as a bonus - hopefully one or two of the youngsters or fringe players can also take the chance to show they are ready for more first team opportunities. After that we have a week and a half off to re-group, assess the state of our squad and start again for the rest of the season.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have only just realised that this game was ticket only for us - won't be able to see the only game on while back in Britain, shame.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have only just realised that this game was ticket only for us - won't be able to see the only game on while back in Britain, shame.
There are plenty of tickets still available in the home end; given the very small away allocation I'm sure there will be lots of City fans in the home parts of the ground.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks, but rather be with the City away fans, that is always special

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are plenty of tickets still available in the home end; given the very small away allocation I'm sure there will be lots of City fans in the home parts of the ground.
I’ll be one of them 👍

Shortround

I’m unable to go to the game due to covid so my ticket is available if you’d like?

Still looking for one away end ticket, can meet at the ground or in Exeter this evening.

Information