• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

StudentGrecian

This gentleman is 6 & 6 and on Ipswich's books?
I hope not, poor loan spell at Crewe and looked completely off it in pre-season at Ipswich apparently. Maybe he'd be worth a free transfer investment as he is still young, but to come in on loan for the year to add something to the squad? Really suggests our standards have lowered more than I expected.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope not, poor loan spell at Crewe and looked completely off it in pre-season at Ipswich apparently. Maybe he'd be worth a free transfer investment as he is still young, but to come in on loan for the year to add something to the squad? Really suggests our standards have lowered more than I expected.
Have they? Premiership, and Championship experience with Brum and WBA. England U17 and U19 international, Ipswich paid £500K only 12 months ago, given 3 year contract, 1 poor loan placement shouldn't decide a players career, maybe needs a move away to sort himself out, where better than the home of football -SJP.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I don't know if it is Harper, but if it is, it was only a year ago Ipswich paid 0.5 million for him so there must be some talent there. He was starting for Ipswich at the start of last season under Paul Cook and then obviously lost his way for whatever reason.
Incidentally players that we have on our books who have had a similar rocky road at other clubs include; Sam Nombe, Jevani Brown, Tim Dieng, as well as Cam Dawson last season. They have all worked out fairly well so I am open minded to this.

I would also suggest that 2 forwards are the priority signings for MT and more money is being kept back for these positions as opposed a midfielder so need to be realistic on who we are bringing in.

Average Joe

what's happened to vasall?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No rush free agent, no one however confirmed my query whether he was still around, perhaps AA knows

StudentGrecian

Have they championship experience with Brum and WBA. England U17 and U19 internatinal, Ipswich paid £500K only 12 months ago, 1 poor loan placement shouldn't decide a players career, maybe needs a move away to sort himself out, where better than the home of football -SJP.
I don't know if it is Harper, but if it is, it was only a year ago Ipswich paid 0.5 million for him so there must be some talent there. He was starting for Ipswich at the start of last season under Paul Cook and then obviously lost his way for whatever reason.
Incidentally players that we have on our books who have had a similar rocky road at other clubs include; Sam Nombe, Jevani Brown, Tim Dieng, as well as Cam Dawson last season. They have all worked out fairly well so I am open minded to this.

I would also suggest that 2 forwards are the priority signings for MT and more money is being kept back for these positions as opposed a midfielder so need to be realistic on who we are bringing in.
Yeah exactly, he is young and can improve, so I wouldn't write him off. But I'd argue we already have that player in Kegs, we need league standard players to bulk out our squad. I'd argue we could have found better if the strategy was different at the start of the window, this is a hit and hope type for me.

For his highlight reel, have a look at Colchester's goal against Ipswich in the Carabao.

Thames Valley Red

JH on the coaching team last night - John Hodge has returned I think

Smithyno6

People were quick to judge our signings a year ago, so give them time. At the moment we are pretty bare bones and I dread to think what happens when injuries start occurring. On paper, a signing like Rakeem Harper would be decent in my eyes. Or we could go for someone like Owura Edwards again? Think we have to realise squad depth is the main focus now.

simcity

Failed 2 medicals is what I was told. Still training with us but deal looking less likely due to the medical issue!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Failed 2 medicals is what I was told. Still training with us but deal looking less likely due to the medical issue!
A second failure should tell us all we need to know, Shirley? ⚠⛔🚫