• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been so long that I hope the social media team haven't forgotten what they're supposed to do!
It starts with the eyes emoji and a clock giving the time of the announcement. Then they'll show a teaser or two, probably one of those singing fish on a wooden plaque or something similar, then the actual video footage at the given time, then all ecfc related social media including Exeweb goes into meltdown that we've signed the third choice keeper from a team in our division and we're definitely getting relegated.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been so long that I hope the social media team haven't forgotten what they're supposed to do!
I hope so. Bass needs to be treated with care. You wouldn't want to batter Bass.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So if Bass is brought in tomorrow then that’s our first XI for Lincoln pretty much sorted.

Hopefully Matt can secure a couple more this week and we can look forward to the start of the season!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope so. Bass needs to be treated with care. You wouldn't want to batter Bass.
I hate to knock you off your perch but this is the worst pun yet.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
It starts with the eyes emoji and a clock giving the time of the announcement. Then they'll show a teaser or two, probably one of those singing fish on a wooden plaque or something similar, then the actual video footage at the given time, then all ecfc related social media including Exeweb goes into meltdown that we've signed the third choice keeper from a team in our division and we're definitely getting relegated.
At least it’s a tried and tested formula I suppose. And at this stage of the transfer window I’m happy to sign a cliche.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Take me to the river..." 🦈

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the Bradfud City fans forum:
1. He certainly didn't have the same impact as Dawson did at City.
2. One poster thought he played well away from home, but was not so good at home, possibly inhibited by big crowds
3. One said he flapped a bit.
4. Perhaps the best post reminded us that you're not going to get a flawless keeper at Lg 1 /L2 level.
Conclusion :
Give the bloke a chance to settle in and forgive any blunders. He's not Dawson but hopefully he can do ok or better.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
From the Bradfud City fans forum:
1. He certainly didn't have the same impact as Dawson did at City.
2. One poster thought he played well away from home, but was not so good at home, possibly inhibited by big crowds
3. One said he flapped a bit.
4. Perhaps the best post reminded us that you're not going to get a flawless keeper at Lg 1 /L2 level.
Conclusion :
Give the bloke a chance to settle in and forgive any blunders. He's not Dawson but hopefully he can do ok or better.
Agee we need to give him a chance. The stars aligned last year which enabled us to get Dawson and we were always going to struggle to to get a GK of his standard. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wonder if we should have gone after Pym though. It was only a couple of seasons ago that he was in the League One Team of the Year and just looking at the stats of both he and Bass on paper you would have thought Pym would have been a stronger signing.

Having said that I am sure Mansfield are probably paying all his wages to Peterborough which we wouldn't of been able to afford. 'd be interested to know if we were even in for him though. Maybe someone can ask at the fans forum? ;)

Either way at least it now sounds like we have a GK on the way, and hopefully he will be a good addition.

fred binneys head

Cam has certainly left a big shirt to fill. But I’m very confident that Bass will fillet.

IndoMike

Agee we need to give him a chance. The stars aligned last year which enabled us to get Dawson and we were always going to struggle to to get a GK of his standard. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I wonder if we should have gone after Pym though. It was only a couple of seasons ago that he was in the League One Team of the Year and just looking at the stats of both he and Bass on paper you would have thought Pym would have been a stronger signing.

Having said that I am sure Mansfield are probably paying all his wages to Peterborough which we wouldn't of been able to afford. 'd be interested to know if we were even in for him though. Maybe someone can ask at the fans forum? ;)

Either way at least it now sounds like we have a GK on the way, and hopefully he will be a good addition.
No idea if we were in for him. Advantages and disadvantages. My guess is that he would want a 2-year contract : don't know if Bass would accept one year - could be, cos he's only I think.

This was an IndoMike pun- free production.