• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
But he was on loan to them
So?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't help but feel that posters think our footballers are a bunch of wimps. Jeez ' is moving a couple of hundred miles down the motorway such a wrench. And it's easy to keep in good contact with friends & family via Zoom etc. OK, if you have young kids then you might not be able to leave them with the grandparents, but hundreds of thousands of workers move away from home. There are other alternatives for childcare. I can't imagine that getting to know an area like the South-West is so stressful.
imo for professional footballers it's "have boots, will travel" It's a great life, but like anyone else you might have to make some small sacrifices.

IndoMike

So he might prefer to stay there

robchave

Wouldn't call East Anglia a football hotbed also they are not friendly rivals. How many players move between Plymourh and Exeter? If we had 7 ex Slime players we'd not be happy bunnies I suggest.
I've a Colchester supporting friend from that area and, whilst Col U fans see Southend as their traditional rivals, Ipswich have (nearly) always been in a higher division and draws fans from all over East Anglia. Col U fans don't 'like' Ipswich but don't 'hate' them, like we do Plymouth. Ipswitch see Norwich as their main local rivals. Basically, local rivalry in East Anglia is dispersed, whereas in Devon it's very concentrated.
We only laugh at the Torquay, of course.

robchave

I can't help but feel that posters think our footballers are a bunch of wimps. Jeez ' is moving a couple of hundred miles down the motorway such a wrench. And it's easy to keep in good contact with friends & family via Zoom etc. OK, if you have young kids then you might not be able to leave them with the grandparents, but hundreds of thousands of workers move away from home. There are other alternatives for childcare. I can't imagine that getting to know an area like the South-West is so stressful.
imo for professional footballers it's "have boots, will travel" It's a great life, but like anyone else you might have to make some small sacrifices.
It's all relative, of course. Given the choice, many players will ply their trade close to their (wife's) relatives.

Banksy

Sorry, Banksy, but I had to have a little chuckle about your daily disappointment at City's lack of transfer action and then the sigh of hope that something will happen
Cheer up mate : they say the best things are worth waiting for
Best wishes from Mike
It’s today Mike , haven’t you heard? As you recommended I’ve said a few oms so am in positive mode.More hope of us signing someone decent than the Tories finding a half decent leader.

Last edited:

IndoMike

It's all relative, of course. Given the choice, many players will ply their trade close to their (wife's) relatives.
Let's hope they don't have to go to war, then.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
So he might prefer to stay there
Perhaps, but normally a parent club will want their player to play at the highest level possible

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Colchester are a division below us. If we want him we've got him.
Kenlock was released by Ipswich end of last season. Played 85 games for Ipswich in the Championship and L1 so fits the criteria

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Wouldn't call East Anglia a football hotbed also they are not friendly rivals. How many players move between Plymourh and Exeter? If we had 7 ex Slime players we'd not be happy bunnies I suggest.
Behave !!!!what have you been smoking?!!!

Buster, Dazza, Nicky Marker, Bobby Saxton, Tony Kellow , Russ Coughlin, Reuben Reid ,etc Most of these are City Legends , and their Legendary status hasn't been diminished because they once played for argyle

I don't discriminate where any City player comes from or who they played for in the past , as soon as they put on that City Shirt they have my 100% support and I think I speak for most Grecian Fans in that respect!!!!