• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Trapdoor

Looks clear to me that he would compete for the RWB role, but can play across a number of positions. Exactly the type of player needed for a smaller squad size.
I think GC wants to play 5 at the back in his default setup. 3 main CBs with 2 very attacking wing backs. Versatile wingers are well suited to this role.

TotnesGrecian

I mean he's broken various rumours before anyone else, numerous times
Exactly this, gets a couple wrong and all of a sudden being compared to the infamous "intheknow"

Hes one a very very few credible "insiders" at city, so probably not worth sl*gging him off too much

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Duke Roll doesn't appear to be any more In the know than 'In the Know' himself - namely not a flipping clue. Perhaps they are the one and same person perhaps now to be called 'Totally Clueless' :) Totnes where is said posters credibility in the past 2 months?

Intheknow84

😬

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Duke Roll confirming Ilmari Niskanen
Move over Duke
The only exception I can think of is Vincent Harper, what with him moving up a couple of divisions it's a slightly different dynamic, a bit like when we lose players up the food chain they generally go with our blessing and high praise.
And Aimson.

StudentGrecian

Tbf everyone said the duke wasn’t credible anymore after saying Caprice was on his way after a couple weeks of nothing. Then it suddenly happened. Clearly jumped on the Nombe bandwagon as it was all over Twitter before he’d posted anything. Has he had much else wrong though?

Smithyno6

Tbf everyone said the duke wasn’t credible anymore after saying Caprice was on his way after a couple weeks of nothing. Then it suddenly happened. Clearly jumped on the Nombe bandwagon as it was all over Twitter before he’d posted anything. Has he had much else wrong though?
I made up we were signing Zimba and my cousin said he spoke to Devon Live as a wind up and he posted that we were signing him.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
There could be a boost for our transfer kitty if Southampton get the obvious replacement for the soon-to-be-departed JWP (on his way to West Ham, apparently).
Gone now.
Are you talking about Grimes, or Harry Kite??

I made up we were signing Zimba and my cousin said he spoke to Devon Live as a wind up and he posted that we were signing him.
Also posted about Luke Harris and Kieran Phillips, who the media team have seemingly forgot to announce!

TotnesGrecian

Duke Roll doesn't appear to be any more In the know than 'In the Know' himself - namely not a flipping clue. Perhaps they are the one and same person perhaps now to be called 'Totally Clueless' :) Totnes where is said posters credibility in the past 2 months?

1. Had a picture of the 3rd kit before anyone else
2. Called the trust being on the 3rd kit back in May
3. Called Caprice leaving 6th July
4. Called our strength and conditioning coach leaving before anyone else had it
5. Called Josh Key to Swansea
6. Pretty sure he had Aitchson before he signed
7. Think he was one of the very first to call Jevani to Brizzle
8. Had Vincent Harper info first
9. Not entirely sure if he was the first, but he had adidas as kit makers back in Jan, and the sponsors both front and back a short while after.

What I'm saying is, I think he post genuine information but sometimes things change..

I dont think they post random twitter rubbish, it seems a bit closer to the club than that based on the above