• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Intheknow84

Am hearing caprice may be going…

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the insight, we had no idea.

ryancooper327

Henry Lawrence
Would be good. Just released by Chelsea, 21 and 50 apps in league 1. Plenty of potential.

Cowshed Grecian

Is Ryan Bowman still available
I’d have him back no qualms

JCWhoosh

I’d have him back no qualms
4 goals in 32 last season. I reckon we can get better now.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Jay isn't around so no point in going for Bowman.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bowman is a decent L2 level striker. We should be looking to do better…

Plus wasn’t there some kind of scandal that meant he left last time?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Nombe goes he goes. I had never heard of him prior to signing for us and his record at that time was a bit bleagh.

Likewise if Caprice is to go so be it. GC has said that they are planning for all eventualities so I would like to think they have the situation covered.

The worst departure from the club who would take an age to replace would be Marcus Flitcroft and all his analysis should he be tempted to move to Yorkshire. He was around with the signings of Nombe Brown Dieng etc, and it does sound like GC relies quite heavily on him.

And no I don’t want Bowman back, Stockley on the other hand (what with Fleetwood's off the field problems) would thrive in our current set up (perhaps another JS will replicate Stockley this season 🤞).

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Nombe goes he goes. I had never heard of him prior to signing for us and his record at that time was a bit bleagh.
Not sure why that's relevant. You've heard of him now and his record has been excellent - he'd be a huge loss and we would find it almost impossible to replace him with someone as good.

StudentGrecian

The worst departure from the club who would take an age to replace would be Marcus Flitcroft and all his analysis should he be tempted to move to Yorkshire. He was around with the signings of Nombe Brown Dieng etc, and it does sound like GC relies quite heavily on him.
Interesting take. I think Flitcroft’s role has diminished somewhat under GC. He’s brought in players he already knows and has been working with and brought in his own scouting network. That’s not to say Marcus is doing any less work, just seems we are less reliant on him than he were under Taylor imo.