• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
To me Cheik Diabate never got going last season. He was continually injured and on his brief returns to the side he did begin to show his strength in the middle of defence and gradually as he gained confidence was starting to show that he could venture forward and play a canny pass as well but unfortunately each time he started to earn his starting position his fitness broke down again. Just hope he's finally been given the time for his foot injury to heal. Pretty sure Caldwell recognises his potential.

Grecian Max

Oh… damn, had high hopes for Spencer

Going to US might become a more well trodden route as football continues to grow there. Certainly it’s a tempting lifestyle out there as @CraigECFC would know!

Memphis09

Just checked the brilliant stats provided by Dawlish and the top 3 league starters were Archie (44), Alex (42) and Sweenz (40). Unsurprisingly, the top 3 total appearances including cup games were the same players (with 47, 46, 46 starts respectively).

The young man put a shift in.
We are all entitled to opinion and I am prepared to take the flack yet again but it’s not just me several of us think he is overrated
Prerhaps if he could pass it would help MT even sais the same
Good level 2 not one
Oh yes look at all the stick I had over MJ and he can’t even get into a Colchester team

fred binneys head

We are all entitled to opinion and I am prepared to take the flack yet again but it’s not just me several of us think he is overrated
Prerhaps if he could pass it would help MT even sais the same
Good level 2 not one
Oh yes look at all the stick I had over MJ and he can’t even get into a Colchester team
Of course you're entitled to your opinion. It's wrong, but you're entitled to it ;)

There's no denying that Alex has struggled in the last few weeks but overall he's had a very strong season, his first in League 1.

Bridgy 81

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. It's wrong, but you're entitled to it ;)

There's no denying that Alex has struggled in the last few weeks but overall he's had a very strong season, his first in League 1.
I like Alex and will be very happy if he stays.
My principal criticism of him though would be that he’s almost too ‘composed’ on the ball.
It’s good that he seems comfortable in possession but I wish he’d play a bit faster and release the ball a lot quicker.

Philecfc

If Luton get promoted does anyone fancy Carlos Mendes Gomes who is unlikely to get into their first team but by all accounts has had a good season for Fleetwood

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spencer has probably gone out there for the college education too.The club should monitor his progress in case he decides to come back to this country.Thought he would be another one to break through.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Luton get promoted does anyone fancy Carlos Mendes Gomes who is unlikely to get into their first team but by all accounts has had a good season for Fleetwood
Always liked him, but where to play him? Doesn’t he play off the left?

Philecfc

Always liked him, but where to play him? Doesn’t he play off the left?
I think he can play of both but I would give him a free roll behind one or two strikers in a 5 2 1 2 or a 5 3 1 1

Grecianpasty

Spencer leaving is very sensible from his point of view. Continuing your education whilst playing football is a route more youngsters should be taking. Best of luck to the lad.