• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

tom_ecfc

Indeed yes, but my point was intended to be about the 3 day training camp in Cornwall after today which is said to be intended for bonding etc.
Oh I see. I agree that maybe GC had hoped to have a few more bodies in the squad for this trip to Cornwall. My worryometer has taken a notch upwards.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And I really believed Gordon too :LOL:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm hearing that one of the possible loan signings could be Kyle Joseph of Swansea. ECFC and Swansea have a mutual professional respect . ...what with Grimes and and now Key. Joseph would be seen to be coming to enhance his career rather like JS last season. New manager Duff is said to be still running the rule over potential loans out. Joseph would be a good signing .He impressed me when he was loaned out to Cheltenham.
I have no idea what you mean by saying "ECFC and Swansea have a mutual professional respect . ...what with Grimes and and now Key." We have sold hundreds of players across the leagues. Are you suggesting our relationship is different to Swansea than it is for e.g. Peterborough? If so I await with interest what the magic ingredient is between Swans and us that would translate into a GB/USA special relationship!!!!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
So much for the totally eroneous and Duff info from Gordon Dale then? Is he related to IntheKnow per chance :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And from the info must be an U17 this season. I wonder whether he is staying for the full 3 days in Cornwall or has just travelled down for this game?

(sad thought; perhaps we booked accommodation for more players than we've got. And are therefore taking U17s for the full tour as the money is already committed!)
Over thinking always leads to depression

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, no sign of DaCosta, Spence and Young in the squad tonight. Presumably they’ve been let go?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, no sign of DaCosta, Spence and Young in the squad tonight. Presumably they’ve been let go?
Probably, but as this is a mini break fir the team, it could be no trialists are being taken.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or maybe their trial period with us is up and this week they on trial elsewhere ?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably, but as this is a mini break fir the team, it could be no trialists are being taken.
Could be. I thought Da Costa may well be worth a 1 year deal, similar to Cole. Maybe something will materialise when we’re back.

tom_ecfc

Or maybe their trial period with us is up and this week they on trial elsewhere ?
I guess they had two weeks with us(?). GC has signed one of the four and the three others are free to go elsewhere.