• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Holiday plans...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a bad place Greenock, Olds mate. Bleddy ginormous Tesco there IIRC.

As you say, only a shortish hop to Glasgee and (should the "call of the deep" beckon) there is also the alternative of a ferry across to Dunoon and a pint or three at the - unfortunately named - Argyll Hotel!

(Just make sure that you pay by card or cash while up there - after today they won't be accepting Czechs)

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Not a bad place Greenock, Olds mate. Bleddy ginormous Tesco there IIRC.

As you say, only a shortish hop to Glasgee and (should the "call of the deep" beckon) there is also the alternative of a ferry across to Dunoon and a pint or three at the - unfortunately named - Argyll Hotel!

(Just make sure that you pay by card or cash while up there - after today they won't be accepting Czechs)
Went there about 15 years ago to watch Morton & tick off Cappilow.

The former dock area was being redeveloped,so it will be interesting to see what its like now.

The ferry trip looks good,might check that out 👍

angelic upstart

It’s not my scene, but we’re on the outskirts of town. I’m not planning on spending much time in Newquay really. The kids are looking forward to a holiday in Cornwall as we’ve never had one before. I’ll just want to stop when we reach Exeter but I’ll have to keep driving.
You'll be pleasantly surprised. Loads of decent bits in and around Newquay. I often do a sun holiday to Hendra and the children always enjoy themselves. We use the place as a base and travel about.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not yet cancelled Italy on 19th July. I live in hope!

DB9

Not yet cancelled Italy on 19th July. I live in hope!
🤞🤞🤞

Oldsmobile-88

Easy Jet has shifted flights & seat capacity from the UK to Germany to use for the German-Spanish holiday market.

The Germans will not have to get up early with the towels this summer it would seem.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
BA to start offering flights from Exeter to Belfast during summer. £48 singles. I've not done Northern Ireland, but have a trip planned on a spreadsheet to do all the train lines in Ireland.

DB9

BA to start offering flights from Exeter to Belfast during summer. £48 singles. I've not done Northern Ireland, but have a trip planned on a spreadsheet to do all the train lines in Ireland.
It's suppose to be a beautiful part of the UK Hants, Plus they do tours of Belfast where all the murals are and the past "Trouble Spots" as well, I'd find that interesting.

Banksy

It's suppose to be a beautiful part of the UK Hants, Plus they do tours of Belfast where all the murals are and the past "Trouble Spots" as well, I'd find that interesting.
It is well worth visiting.The last time I went was in ‘the troubles’ time.Particularly liked the Giant’s Causeway.

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just received an email from Eurostar inviting me to France if I've been double vaccinated :) Then it reminds me that France is on the amber list 😢