• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's only played 42 games for Charlton in the three seasons he's been on their books (and only scored 8 goals for them, at a strike rate of less than 1 goal in 5 games.)
Sure, but that's at a higher level. We either get players moving upwards, downwards or sideways... there are pros and cons to all three. The ones that move downwards won't have great stats from their time playing at a higher level, invariably.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does everyone think a 3rd keeper is necessary? I’m not convinced...
Seems to be the fashion. MKDons have just signed a third keeper - aged 29, released by a non league club in the summer, had only played non league since release from the pro game as a youngster. Obviously going to be third choice. But he had also done some academy coaching at MKD.

It’s tricky. Our current third keeper is 16 and has two years as a scholar ahead of him. What if one of our two keepers is out for a month and the other develops a niggle? Arguably doesn’t justify an emergency loan under the rules, but leaves us vulnerable if the niggle turns into an injury during a match.

The inability to sign loan players for 4 month periods outside the window leads to loads of what turn out to be pointless signings, signed as ‘just in case’ cover - think Ryan Loft, Jimmy Oates and that left back from Huddersfield (?) who didn’t get a kick.

Stelios

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ajose talk was just 'silly season' online high jinks. Will believe it when I see it.

We appear to be severely lacking in fullbacks? Sweeney needs some competition. The left side is old. Can Woody play every game? Moxey much better at CB last year.

Grecian Max

Source????
A decent one.........

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't be surprised if the Ajose talk was just 'silly season' online high jinks. Will believe it when I see it.
Taylor more or less confirmed we were after him. Whether he arrives is another matter, of course.

We appear to be severely lacking in fullbacks? Sweeney needs some competition. The left side is old. Can Woody play every game? Moxey much better at CB last year.
Agreed.

Grecian Max

Taylor more or less confirmed we were after him. Whether he arrives is another matter, of course.
Training today. Whether that’s the dotted line or not, who knows.

Three young GKs on trial also.

Grecian Max

I’m not massively knowledgable of the youth player positions so bear with me. I think the squad is looking good myself, albeit needing a few more additions. MT has mentioned loans to plug gaps after the permanent signings are done. I think a RB and CF should be the remaining permanents if budget permits...

Edit: I know it’s a slow back 4. I’ve just put the players in rather than pick a line up

Third goalie will be a permanent

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sure, but that's at a higher level. We either get players moving upwards, downwards or sideways... there are pros and cons to all three. The ones that move downwards won't have great stats from their time playing at a higher level, invariably.
1 in 4.5 at L2 level in the past 3 years. So not much better.... It's just stats, they dont tell the whole story, but neither do they lie.

SGF

He's spent most of his time on loan at Swindon, Bury and Mansfield since 2016.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=57131

He's only played 42 games for Charlton in the three seasons he's been on their books (and only scored 8 goals for them, at a strike rate of less than 1 goal in 5 games.)
And if you’d looked at the link I added, you’d have seen that all his loans bar Mansfield have been in League One.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
1 in 4.5 at L2 level in the past 3 years. So not much better.... It's just stats, they dont tell the whole story, but neither do they lie.
He's only played a handful of games for Mansfield this season. His loan spells at Bury and Swindon were both in League 1. His league 2 record is 38 games, 15 goals... Goal every 178 minutes or something... That's not bad.

BTW - He's also got decent stats for assists.

Last edited: