• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Strong liverpool Team?

red1

After Liverpools' defeat on Sunday, a top 4 spot is looking a tough proposition. Do you reckon Klopp will call on the big guns for our visit, as he might think the cups are their only shout this year ?

JRFowler

I think we will see a stronger 11 starting, with a few more of the top players on the bench just in case.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
See that Jerome Sinclair has turned down a new deal and will be leaving at the end of the season, hoping to move to Spain. Will Klopp freeze him out as a result, or play him anyway on the basis of protecting the stars from injury ?

Any news from the Cat n Fiddle on who is training, and who is not ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I reckon Caldwell , Benteke , Ibe , Allen may be involved given there lack of minutes v United

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking the same as Credy.

It'll be tougher than the first game but Carlisle took a far stronger Liverpool side to penalties earlier in the season so it won't be impossible for us to do something.

andrew p long

I was thinking the same as Credy.
Me too. Liverpool could use the same 18 as Sunday but with all the subs (and 4-5 of the 11) starting. The bench would then include 7 who started on Sunday.

Alternatively its the 7 subs (or 6 without the keeper,leaving Mignolet in) plus 4 of the youth that played the first leg. They can still use some of Sunday's starters on the bench.

Let's face it - since the first game City will have had lengthy away trips to Morecambe and Orient (1,000miles on the coach ?) . Liverpool have had two home games. City's players have had to play/be in the squad for those games, whereas Liverpool have used a different 11. Liverpool at home for the third game running; City with yet another lengthy trip. Who has most to moan about?

Me too. Liverpool could use the same 18 as Sunday but with all the subs (and 4-5 of the 11) starting. The bench would then include 7 who started on Sunday.

Alternatively its the 7 subs (or 6 without the keeper,leaving Mignolet in) plus 4 of the youth that played the first leg. They can still use some of Sunday's starters on the bench.

Let's face it - since the first game City will have had lengthy away trips to Morecambe and Orient (1,000miles on the coach ?) . Liverpool have had two home games. City's players have had to play/be in the squad for those games, whereas Liverpool have used a different 11. Liverpool at home for the third game running; City with yet another lengthy trip. Who has most to moan about?

The pundits on TV last night were spouting about Liverpool's continuing inability to deal with crosses in the zone of uncertainty; we don't have an aerial presence for this game so perhaps we should be thinking about pinging in low crosses instead??

sladie

anyone know if wheeler will be fit to run at that defence?

PeteUSA

If Mignolet plays, we should pressurise him on crosses; he's extremely shaky on anything in or around the 6 yard area.

Silver fox

anyone know if wheeler will be fit to run at that defence?
Don't think so.