• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Straw in the wind. Billy Sharp assaulted by a fan.

lamrobhero

Sheffield United's Billy Sharp was assaulted by a fan during a pitch invasion at the end of the club's Championship play-off semi-final defeat by Nottingham Forest

"Bill was minding his own business off the pitch, trying to get our players away. He was blindsided, it was cowardly. He was knocked to the ground [and required] stitches, he was shook up."

BBC Report

Which follows on from

Football arrests 'highest in years' & disorder on the rise - police BBC 21st Jan 2022

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sheffield United's Billy Sharp was assaulted by a fan during a pitch invasion at the end of the club's Championship play-off semi-final defeat by Nottingham Forest

"Bill was minding his own business off the pitch, trying to get our players away. He was blindsided, it was cowardly. He was knocked to the ground [and required] stitches, he was shook up."

BBC Report

Which follows on from

Football arrests 'highest in years' & disorder on the rise - police BBC 21st Jan 2022
The incident was seen on TV last night. Hopefully the f*ckwit who did this will be charged with assault and appropriately punished.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
A horrible attack 31 Year Old arrested hopefully gets the book thrown at him

DB9

A horrible attack 31 Year Old arrested hopefully gets the book thrown at him
And now charged too.

DB9

And now charged too.
Very quickly sorted, 31 Yr old man jailed for 24 weeks (6 months) and a 2 Yr banning order, I'd imagine the club will ban him for life separately
too.

Antony Moxey

Wow, they really showed him, didn't they?

Colesman Ballz

Very quickly sorted, 31 Yr old man jailed for 24 weeks (6 months) and a 2 Yr banning order, I'd imagine the club will ban him for life separately
too.
BBC are quoting the banning order as being for 10 years, even better ! The defence was arguing against a custodial sentence on the grounds that the chap and his girlfriend would face difficulties keeping up with their mortgage payments, but the judge was having none of it.
Perhaps we could deal decisively with the idiots letting off flares next, how about sending them "on holiday" to Rwanda ? :unsure:

lamrobhero

Mansfield boss Nigel Clough says pitch invader incidents are "getting concerning" after one of his players was apparently shoved by a fan that ran on to the field at Northampton.

Scunthorpe v Bristol Rovers
And following the game Iron manager Keith Hill was asked by reporters from Radio Humberside about the late events, as well as whether his goalkeeper Owen Foster had been punched when supporters ran onto the pitch, as the player seemed to indicate to the referee himself.
“I don’t really want to talk about it. The referee’s done a report and I want to leave it with them. I don’t want to spoil what is a tremendous day for Bristol Rovers and Joey,” said Hill after the game.

i8cornwall

BBC are quoting the banning order as being for 10 years, even better ! The defence was arguing against a custodial sentence on the grounds that the chap and his girlfriend would face difficulties keeping up with their mortgage payments, but the judge was having none of it.
Perhaps we could deal decisively with the idiots letting off flares next, how about sending them "on holiday" to Rwanda ? :unsure:
I've an email address the person at city who deals with the bans if you wish to put that idea to them.

FYI I believe the longest football banning order you can get in the England is 5 years so that 10 year ban is probably ********.

Antony Moxey

I've an email address the person at city who deals with the bans if you wish to put that idea to them.

FYI I believe the longest football banning order you can get in the England is 5 years so that 10 year ban is probably ********.
Football clubs are private entities so I imagine they could ban whomever they like for as long as they like.