• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage v Exeter discussion thread

Jordan Tilson back from Ross County?

budegrecian

Not as such, I just think it is likely that if we sign someone, it will be a name that is familiar to the club. Might becwrong though.
Is George on the way back?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is George on the way back?
Now that would be a huge step in the right direction. The Blues are currently flirting with relegation and he has started in the last six games but was only on the bench yesterday

dontpassback

George would be a great choice,experience and a leader can’t see it happening but would love it if he did come back,a few years down the line and it wouldn’t surprise me if mr friend rocked up as a manager somewhere!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
George would be a great choice,experience and a leader can’t see it happening but would love it if he did come back,a few years down the line and it wouldn’t surprise me if mr friend rocked up as a manager somewhere!
Likewise, much as I'd love it, I really can't see it happening.

That said, I have just read this on a Blues forum [https://www.wearebirmingham.co.uk/blues-1-1-coventry-30-01-21/]:

Blues made to 2 changes to the team that lost out to Preston over a week ago – one enforced change due to Kieftenbeld joining Millwall and the other was a bit of a head scratcher as George Friend has been levels above Pedersen this season.

;-)

older-codger

Remember that MT has clearly kept in touch with George as shown by his recommendation re Sam Stubbs. However, George is either a left back or left CB where we are not desperate for a player.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Remember that MT has clearly kept in touch with George as shown by his recommendation re Sam Stubbs. However, George is either a left back or left CB where we are not desperate for a player.
However; next season we may possibly be looking for a LCB depending on what happens with Parkes.

I'd love to have George Friend back and think he would add massively to the squad both on and off the pitch! Probably still has at least another season at a higher level though unfortunately.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Graham Salisbury with the whistle tomorrow evening.

Not very optimistic about this one. Have a look at their low home goals conceded. It's their away form that has put them near the bottom. Whilst they don't score many they can stop teams from scoring on their own patch. Unless we can find our goal scoring touch I think this has 0-0 written all over it. But then again I'm sure we will give a goal away at some stage.