• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage game

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Postponed due to Covid....

Red Devon

Most of Hertfordshire going into tier 3 😟

denzel

Most of Hertfordshire going into tier 3 😟
Ironically not Stevenage. They could have had fans there

Red Devon

Ironically not Stevenage. They could have had fans there
Disappointing as it was looking a very good fixture to have at the moment.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only positive is it gives our players a rest period before the Xmas schedule where we have some very big games.

I'm clutching at straws though as we are in good form and Stevenage are really struggling.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope Stevenage are being genuine. Given they were fined last season for not being honest about their international players.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This presumably means Matt Taylor can play his first choice 11 without concerns over some having 3 games in a week, they will have 10 day to recuperate. So I expect unless there are unreported injuries the same team as Saturday. Law on the bench if he has recovered from his knock in place of McArdle.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope Stevenage are being genuine. Given they were fined last season for not being honest about their international players.
Yes. Team with 1 league win in 15 due to play team with 4 wins from 5 and scoring for fun, calls game off...
I'm sure all above board, it always is with Stevenage.

Grecian Max

Only positive is it gives our players a rest period before the Xmas schedule where we have some very big games.

I'm clutching at straws though as we are in good form and Stevenage are really struggling.
TBF this could work in our favour - 10 day rest before FGR (Sat) and Newport (Tues) double header, while they both play Saturday...

Red Devon

Looking at the fixture list, there’s a possibility this game could be rescheduled for January 19 it would set up one of those unusual double headers of playing the same team twice in four days in consecutive matches...way back when I think the same thing happened with two games versus Rotherham with completely contrasting results.