• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Tully's crossing

A377 Lad

I have lost count the number of times this season he has got into promising positions over lapping their full back only to see him lofting to ball over the cross bar. It appears that he doesn't wrap his foot around the ball, but puts it underneath the ball meaning more height but often too much of it. Perhaps something to practice in training or am I being too picky?

Red the Paper

Banned
Too picky. He is having a great season as a full back. Overlapping winger with a Beckhamlike cross is the preserve of the Champions League not League 1.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
yesterday he drilled a ball into the box that the defender nearly put in his own net under pressure from Corr ... so not all bad ...

Pobbop

Yep, too picky, he's having a great season, and sums up everything about ours rise through the lower leagues.

Too picky by far, Tulls is having his best season in my opinion, a genuine candidate for player of the year.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too picky. He is having a great season as a full back. Overlapping winger with a Beckhamlike cross is the preserve of the Champions League not League 1.
Beckham with footy, Wilkinson with Rugby, when the others went in for a shower those two stay out to practice, practice, and practice.

sirhc

I think Tully is having a great season, and a genuine candidate for POTS. His crossing is hit or miss, and does quite often put in some great balls. Can't think of any examples yesterday, but I noted last week how he put in 3 great crosses in the first 20mins, including the one to Corr in which he hould have scored.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he does all the hard work, bombs forward, but sometimes i think his crossing is a bit too "flat".... and by that I mean it's hard for strikers to get meat on the ball. When he goes a bit deeper and crosses back I think he's far more effective.

His energy to the team, and his dynamic around the place definately make up for that though.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's having a cracker of a season, and I'm sure with time his crossing will get better.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Tully is the player of the season...consistant and worthy of the title imho

Tada