• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Statue

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Get a Tisdale one in and make sure it reflects the sun as well as his actual head

bimmerman

I mean, Stanno on his knees celebrating? That'd be perfect

sidney

I'd go for Bastin, not enough young people, or even older people know about him, he was one of the most famous footballers in the World in the 30's, when country bumpkin Charlie Baker can say no-one famous has ever come from Exeter unchallenged, it's annoying.

I mean a group of people, not sure myself, I suppose supporters maybe interesting, but can't work out how that works.

Oh and Dave Whelan is pond-life.
Agree it has to be Bastin. Didn't he run one of the pubs in Heavitree?

Oldsmobile-88

Agree it has to be Bastin. Didn't he run one of the pubs in Heavitree?
The Horse & Groom.

WXF

ECFC's history can't be explained well by the decisive historical effect of individuals, but by the impact of lots of people - except perhaps John Russell & Mike Lewis. I don't think we're well suited to statues!

Positive spin

How about Dick Pym ?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tony Cascarino holding his ball aloft?

Spoonz Red E

ECFC's history can't be explained well by the decisive historical effect of individuals, but by the impact of lots of people - except perhaps John Russell & Mike Lewis. I don't think we're well suited to statues!
We could have collection boxes fashioned in the shape of Russell & Lewis with slots in the pockets for people to shove donations in.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about Dick Pym ?
Good shout. Shame we cant have a duo statue of our two most famous sons in Pym and Bastin

JGrecian23

Some of the posters on here would be suggesting statues for Harper for winning 2 corners and Aitchison for running round lots. 😀