• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting eleven for next season

dontpassback

As Barry fry once said,we need f####n winners !

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
WiFi farking around. Sorry

IndoMike

City has raised its youngsters to play neat football in the spirit of friendship and sportsmanship. The only problem is that our opponents in Div 2 play like rabid gorillas who take no prisoners.
We have had a soft centre for years. It's not about size, it's about grit, no fear, and unstoppable winning mentality.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
City has raised its youngsters to play neat football in the spirit of friendship and sportsmanship. The only problem is that our opponents in Div 2 play like rabid gorillas who take no prisoners.
We have had a soft centre for years. It's not about size, it's about grit, no fear, and unstoppable winning mentality.
I'd rather watch my team play football than cheat their way to promotion.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The argument is that most winning teams find a middle way between these extremes to get promotion. We have patently not done so in recent years.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
The argument is that most winning teams find a middle way between these extremes to get promotion. We have patently not done so in recent years.
I'd argue that we just haven't been adaptable enough tactically.

IndoMike

I don't think I mentioned cheating our way to promotion. What I said was we have a bit of a soft belly and as others have said : we're too nice. We need to make the opposition feel a bit more uncomfortable when they play us. And hassle the ref a bit more. : Let him know what we think if him .
In a word, we need to.be.a bit more pragmatic

denzel

I'd rather we got up and then played good football. Lincoln are playing some good stuff these days

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And hassle the ref a bit more.
Exactly the type of behaviour that teams like Wycombe have in the past been berated for at SJP.

IndoMike

Exactly the type of behaviour that teams like Wycombe have in the past been berated for at SJP.
That's an extreme. I'm not saying that, I'm saying "a bit more....": I'm not saying we should behave like the devil, but we need to be a bit less angelic