• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Start 2014-2015 Season

To be honest I didn't go to Plymouth on Saturday as I was otherwise engaged but my take on the season so far is that in the Portsmouth game I thought we played very well considering with a lot of promising performances.

Against Bournemouth we were always going to get turned over against a club with a £2.5m player up front (Tokelo Rantie), Fraser in midfield who they paid £400k for and a lot ex premiership players like Gosling, Stanislas, Harte, Ward etc, etc mixed in with some other decent Championship players like Adam Smith, Brett Pitman meaning that in realty it is no disgrace to be beaten by a team like that even if they did rest a few of their star players.

The Plymouth match was always going to be a struggle as much as we would all hate to admit it as well as for the first time in several seasons they probably have a better team than us which showed on Saturday.

If we as fans can keep some positivity when at the games and not transmit our anxiety and worries onto the young players then I still fully expect us to be alright this season, lower to mid table is where I think we will end up. Just don't be too hard on the players at least at this stage. Its a massive shame that Christian Ribeiro is injured though as I think he will make a big difference.

Last edited: