• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stagecoach: Robbing bastards!

Brian Moore

It now costs £3.50 return from Rifford Rd to High St - Three pounds fecking fifty! I thought we were supposed to be encouraging public transport, how can they justify that - anyone got a skateboard for sale?

MagzECFC

I got charged adult fair because the driver didn't have enough change to give me a child :S Except child fair was an integer :S

Parklife

I think they want more people to buy long-term tickets (weeklies etc) but of course that doesn't suit everyone's needs and some people do need to do ad-hoc journeys. They're the ones who get stung. But I agree, they are ridiculously expensive. But then they are all about profits and shareholder payouts. It's no coincidence the owners of the Stagecoach company live in massive manor houses.

phew that's shocking.mind you bought a return coach ticket from nottingham to london victoria two weeks ago for a whopping £2-50!! and yet my twenty minute bus ride to catch it costs £3.00 return!

Shortround

They really do need to sort out the ticket prices! its getting stupid! they keep banging on about to many cars on the road & they want people to use public transport so why hike up the bleedin price! :mad:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's why public transport won't succeed. Why would I want to sit on an uncomfortable bus with a bunch of weirdos and then have to walk from the stop to where I'm going when I can take a car door to door for a similar cost and in a lot less time?

My old commute would have taken about 90 minutes on a bus, or I could drive it in 20. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

les.gtfc

Stagecoach, Grimsby & Cleethorpes are getting a lot of praise in our local press at the minute as they have introduced a "Pound To The Park" fare where on home matchdays between 12 noon and 6pm you can get a return ticket to Blundell Park for just a pound from anywhere in the Grimsby area. Considering the area covers upto Louth (which is about 15 miles from Grimsby)its a bloody good offer.

St George

It now costs £3.50 return from Rifford Rd to High St - Three pounds fecking fifty! I thought we were supposed to be encouraging public transport, how can they justify that - anyone got a skateboard for sale?
Probably a tax in there somewhere in case the wheels are nicked or windows smashed!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Basically it's because the buses are not profitable due to all the pensioners who travel for nothing. In fact some services are making a loss because of this.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
£1.65 from the high street to Chez Manc at the bottom of Rosebarn Lane. Robbing gets. In Manchester you could travel for miles for 50p. It's no wonder they are empty apart from the old folk who get on for free.

If i wasnt so fat I'd walk.