• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad numbers

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why?

Due to the circumstances of what happened while he was our number 9.
Don't think it should be let out!!
I was just about to say exactly what Coleman Ballz has said. With all due respects to Stanno, there has been and, no doubt, will be bigger and better players than him who have and will wear the number nine shirt. Tony Kellow is by far and away the clubs biggest legend regardless of position and he was the ultimate number nine as far as City are concerned. The club did the right thing at the time and the time has passed. Somebody else suggested Jayden Stockley would have filled it with all the pride and passion Stanno did and there will be others. History, regardless of club, dictates that the number nine shirt will always have a special place in every clubs squad numbering.

ryancooper327

I'd like to see us do this - but maybe not including academy. Numbers over 100 are ridiculous.

ryancooper327

What’s the one number swap people would do given the chance? I can’t decide on Holmes for L Martin or Parkes for Tillson.

I guess Holmes has had the 10 for ages so I think I’ll settle on Parkes and Tillson swapping.

Might even happen come the end of the window......