• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Squad numbers 23/24 season

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
FB_IMG_1689961108160.jpg

MerleyRed

That number 9 shirt remains available !

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 and 3 will probably remain unused unless we get another left sided defender. Plenty of numbers in the middle for a couple of strikers.

ryancooper327

2 for RWB
3 for LCB/LB
9 for …
14 for CM
17 for CF if 9 doesn’t happen

Would have liked Mitchell to take 11 and Aitchison to take 7. Cole would have been better 14 or 18.

Leads

Could be completely wrong, but I would imagine it’s quite unusual for a loan keeper to be given the number 1 shirt? Would have had Kite as the number 8 too, players have a bit of say in this though I believe, so it’s hard to read too much into it.

Rosencrantz

Could be completely wrong, but I would imagine it’s quite unusual for a loan keeper to be given the number 1 shirt? Would have had Kite as the number 8 too, players have a bit of say in this though I believe, so it’s hard to read too much into it.
What number did Cam Dawson wear?

milts

25?

DawlishBouy

He wore number 1

andrew p long

Depends on what's available. Woods stuck with 33, so number 1 was up for grabs.Sinisalo is right to take it. As you say players have quite a say nowadays.

But increasingly some players stick to a number rather than the club filling out all the numbers 1-18 first. For example Sweenz hasn't claimed back 2 and Diabate is resolutely sticking to 39.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
But increasingly some players stick to a number rather than the club filling out all the numbers 1-18 first. For example Sweenz hasn't claimed back 2 and Diabate is resolutely sticking to 39.
Chieck is an interesting one in that the numbers 30+ are nearly always ones used by 1st and 2nd year pro's. He comes over as a humble man so perhaps doesn't feel the need to say he has 'made it' by taking a more traditional number for a defender?