• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Sporting Memories' sessions

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
And men only. (I would whinge about that but it's a 'men's health' thing, apparently).
Not any more apparently. The publicity has been changed.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
My mistake. He only trained with us, if you go to this link you will see him in the middle with Arnold Mitchell and David Henderson. http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/180
Mystery solved but curious to know who he was playing for when he faced John Charles.

PeteUSA

Mystery solved but curious to know who he was playing for when he faced John Charles.
In the latter stages of his career, 'The Gentle Giant' John Charles played with welsh clubs, being player, and player manager of Hereford United from 1967-1971. He ended his career playing for Merthyr Tydfil. Is it not possible that Carless had a kickabout with Charles in his letter years. Is Carless welsh?

Colesman Ballz

John Henderson was signed from Charlton Athletic.
Thanks for the correction Mike, getting confused as when a youngster he gave me an Aberdeen programme, which I still have somewhere !