• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Speaker's Corner

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th

Grecian_In_Exile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-34669800

Did someone say something about threats to security?

Grecian_In_Exile

I pay the rent on time and in full, I do not interfere with the neighbours, I keep the property looking clean and respectable, I love the community and I am very active within it, yet these bastards still want to make me ****ing homeless!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-plans-to-scrap-lifetime-security-of-tenure-in-social-housing-a6713851.html

'Lifetime security' is one of the main reasons we have a housing crisis, GIE. Couples still living in 3-bed houses long after their kids have left home.

Does your council property have more bedrooms than you need? If so, you are part of the problem.

Grecian_In_Exile

'Lifetime security' is one of the main reasons we have a housing crisis, GIE. Couples still living in 3-bed houses long after their kids have left home.

Does your council property have more bedrooms than you need? If so, you are part of the problem.
the main reason for the social housing crisis was caused by selling off council homes and NOT building replacements!!!! we have one bedroom thanks, but what that has to do with you though I don't know!!!

iscalad

the main reason for the social housing crisis was caused by selling off council homes and NOT building replacements!!!! we have one bedroom thanks, but what that has to do with you though I don't know!!!
I need a doctor. GIE has actually stated something I agree with.Only taken 13567 posts. I'm going for a lie down.

ECFC traveller

Nothing to do with 300,000 net migration? I'd suggest that's probably the 'main' reason yanno

iscalad

Nothing to do with 300,000 net migration? I'd suggest that's probably the 'main' reason yanno
Nothing to do with immigration, much more complicated than that, if you bothered to read the history.

ECFC traveller

Nothing to do with immigration, much more complicated than that, if you bothered to read the history.
What in history can I read? We've never had population growth at this rate in our countries entire history. The fact we have to build a house every 7 minutes just to cope with it, and to supply a City bigger than the size of Hull would suggest it has nearly everything to do with it. The 600,000 people and the 300,000 net do need to be housed for.

Mr Jinx

What in history can I read? We've never had population growth at this rate in our countries entire history. The fact we have to build a house every 7 minutes just to cope with it, and to supply a City bigger than the size of Hull would suggest it has nearly everything to do with it. The 600,000 people and the 300,000 net do need to be housed for.
Why build houses? Everyone's house price goes up astronomically, all home owners (75% of population) happy.

The problem a government faces is when that 75% decreases (which it is rapidly), but then again, it'll be young people affected and many of them don't bother to vote.