• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Southend United V Exeter City FC Matchday thread - 10 / 10 / 2020

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The extra 30 seconds probably came from when the referee had a word with Moseley right after the board went up.
Exactly what I thought. Moseley was trying to waste time and I was shouting at the ref to add on the time

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 points dropped, Southend were there for the taking from the off, the longer it went on and we didn't score the more confident their defence became, we still had more shots than them but didn't make the most of our chances.

Why play with wingers if your centre forward isn't going to head the crosses they pump in. Bowman was poor today, but not just today, in all the matches I have watched this season the opposition have had him sussed and he just hasn't performed. Dropping time?

Great goal by Fisher, but what was he doing back there when we had been trying a number of efforts just before to score. surely he should have been further forward, but who cares really great equaliser.

Collins isn't a problem.

I have yet to witness us at our best this season with the potential that we possess, perhaps if Randy goes this week we can get a goal scoring striker in (we may have one in Ajose but we never see him) like Eoin Doyle did for Swindon and then we can see those opportunities being converted.

I am more disappointed after this result than the Port Vale one, Southend were so sh1te

Grecian Max

One of the shortest things about football these days is the word assist. Bowman hasn't whipped in an unplayable cross to split their defence wide open with a pass. It was a simple 10yd pass that some are using as a reason for his continued selection
This!! A simple pass for a pro, hardly makes up for his dire performances of late

I like Bowman a lot, but MT needs to recognise it's not working for him atm, give him a rest

geoffwp

This!! A simple pass for a pro, hardly makes up for his dire performances of late

I like Bowman a lot, but MT needs to recognise it's not working for him atm, give him a rest
But why should he recognise it if he doesnt agree Max? He obviously does not agree as he keeps playing Bowman.

Grecianpasty

I think that's the way it needs to be approached. Giving him a rest. If he's jaded playing him will only make things worse and limit the confidence of those growing in it, Fisher case in point. There's no harm in resting him and putting him on if we're chasing the game.

Grecianpasty

A little reminder that we have lost once in seven in all competitions.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Forget Bowman's lack of goals it's his all round performance that is a shadow of what he used to offer, he isn't putting himself about enough at the moment, he isn't the physical presence he was for a lot of last season.

His body language is often poor as well.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
That cant be right Geoff. More like people asking Taylor: "What the f#ck do you see in him!"
Personally I have always liked Bowman for the way he used to give everything for the team and the whole hearted way in which he played and think most of us have recognised that whilst not a prolific goal scorer (although last season’s total was not too shabby) he has other qualities to bring to the team.

These being chasing, harrying defenders and getting back to help out in the defence. However for whatever reason this season he has done little or any of this and has contributed very little.

Currently he seems to be nothing like the player he was last season. It really should not be an over all lack of confidence unless the continual criticism he has been getting on Social Media about his performances as a striker has got to him and affected his confidence to the degree that it has impacted on all aspects of his game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor's management of Bowman last week and today is quite telling imho.

Last week when we were 2 - 0 up and comfortable he left Bowman on hoping he would score to boost his confidence and justify his selection.

Today when we were losing and needed a goal he was pulled off. On the face of it Taylor lost a bit of his very loyal faith in Bowman.

iscalad

Fisher gets goal of the day on Quest