• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Southampton

DaveE

After 11 games Southampton are 1 point closer to safety than they were at the beginning of the season. At this rate they will get a second relegation. I thought they might struggle but I did expect better than this.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think they'l be fine to be honest, wouldn't suprise me to see them in the top half come May.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
They'll finish below us.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
They'll finish below us.
No chance!, far superior squad they'l make up the 11 point gap before the end of the season.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I saw somewhere that they are now the fourth richest club in the country, although that takes some believing, even though they splashed out £1M on Rickie Lambert.

Expect more big signings in January and a surge up the table.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Outside bet for the play off's IMO. Weren't Leeds docked 15 points? in there 1st season in League 1; expect a finish from The Saints at least = to Leeds 1st season

journeyman

They've had a slow start but they'll pick up and finish mid-table, maybe just top half. They've got some quality in their squad.

Grecian1987

I'll be popping across the Solent (from Bournemouth) this evening to watch them against the Turks.

I'm sure they will be fine, they will finish below us though (as will the other 22 teams...).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon they'll finish mid-table, before storming the title next season.

DevonSent

I'll be popping across the Solent (from Bournemouth) this evening to watch them against the Turks.

I'm sure they will be fine, they will finish below us though (as will the other 22 teams...).
So what did you make of them tonight?

I was there and thought they were very poor - awful crossers of the ball and wasted some good positions when attacking. They looked fairly solid at the back (not that they had to contend with much) and let in a deflection and a penalty. Davis the keeper should have been sent off.
For all their possession, they never really carved out decent shots.
I am guessing that this wasn't a first team out for them as I can't imagine Wotton is first choice midfielder for them but even so, they looked poor and Turkey were just as bad.
Great way to finish the game though with the penalty shoot out! Loved that.
If this is how they have been playing all season, they will do well to get out of the bottom four.