• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Southampton U21s Papa Johns

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Player/manager
You have lost me a bit there Isca, are you suggesting we appoint him as that ? :unsure:

iscalad

You have lost me a bit there Isca, are you suggesting we appoint him as that ? :unsure:
Not at all. It was in your response about him being a registered player.

Colesman Ballz

Not at all. It was in your response about him being a registered player.
We might have him performing a dual role as goalkeeping coach and a backup player, but surely his player registration brings him under the transfer window restrictions preventing him from registering as a player for another club before January, even if we were to release him in the meantime ? :unsure:

GrecianHarry

I think the team will look something like this:

Brown
King Sweeney James
Daniels Chauke Borges Iseguan
Jay
Smith Cox

Sowden, Simmons, Caprice, Collins/Harper, Billington, J Brown, Stansfield

I think Iseguan is back from Torquay, and Sweeney is very likely to play if he is suspended for Barnsley. Ed James is on loan at Saltash but my best guess is that he can be loaned back out at any time.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We can play the under 10s for all I care. Hopefully we lose on Tuesday and go out.
Well that won't happen. Even if we lose we have another game.

tom_ecfc

Would it be possible to play a player for 1min and sub them off? I remember a team doing that a few seasons back. Not sure if they got fined?

Rosencrantz

Would it be possible to play a player for 1min and sub them off? I remember a team doing that a few seasons back. Not sure if they got fined?
It is but we don't really have to. MJ, Smith and Kegs all need game time so there are three qualifying players. With Sweenz suspended for next week he is the obvious choice to provide the fourth one needed.

iscalad

We might have him performing a dual role as goalkeeping coach and a backup player, but surely his player registration brings him under the transfer window restrictions preventing him from registering as a player for another club before January, even if we were to release him in the meantime ? :unsure:
Sorry, not at my best today. A bit under the weather. I have re-read your post and I realise I have misunderstood it.

Colesman Ballz

Sorry, not at my best today. A bit under the weather. I have re-read your post and I realise I have misunderstood it.
Don't think that any of us are to be fair. Still reeling a bit from the shock and pondering over all the ramifications ! 🤪

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think that any of us are to be fair. Still reeling a bit from the shock and pondering over all the ramifications ! 🤪
Guess at least 3.5k Grecians feel the same way and are hoping for a Grecian miracle in the next 24 hours !
UTC