• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Soup

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Moroccan chick pea soup. I had soaked too many chick peas for our curry earlier in the week, so this seemed tp be a good way of using them up. Quite tasty. The recipe called for broad beans, though I wonder of the proper recipe would have listed fava beans instead.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Moroccan chick pea soup. I had soaked too many chick peas for our curry earlier in the week, so this seemed tp be a good way of using them up. Quite tasty. The recipe called for broad beans, though I wonder of the proper recipe would have listed fava beans instead.
Did you open a nice bottle of Chianti to accompany it ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did you open a nice bottle of Chianti to accompany it ?
It's too early in the day for alcohol. On a non football day anyways!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Broad Bean soup. Threw in some chopped up ham as well after blending it. Very nice, but what a palaver skinning the beans!

Alistair20000

Broad Bean soup. Threw in some chopped up ham as well after blending it. Very nice, but what a palaver skinning the beans!
Was that getting the outer shell off after extracting from the pod ?

If so, did you try cooking in boiling water for two minutes and then rinsing in cold water ? The nice green beans then slip out easily out of the leathery skins.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Was that getting the outer shell off after extracting from the pod ?

If so, did you try cooking in boiling water for two minutes and then rinsing in cold water ? The nice green beans then slip out easily of the leathery skins.
They were frozen, so let them soak in water. Time consuming.

Alistair20000

They were frozen, so let them soak in water. Time consuming.
Understood. Not sure my method works for frozen in which case too much of a faff.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Watercress soup. This time using UK grown ingredients. Very tasty.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On Saturday I made some carrot and coriander soup. Had some left over mushy peas, so they went in as well. Went an odd colour when I blended the soup, but tasted excellent,

Corn beef soup. Saw mention of this being a family staple in the 1980s by someone in a food magazine. Found a suitable recipe and it turned our really good! Didn't blend this one, as plenty of chunky vegetables in it.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Corn Beef Soup sounds really nice (y)