• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Something nasty at Crewe called Barry Bennell.

Rabid Doug

Dirty Gradi suspended. Gradi, Heath and Bennell....all the same

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dirty Gradi suspended. Gradi, Heath and Bennell....all the same
"It’s frustrating that I feel compelled, like Danny Murphy and Robbie Savage, to make it clear Dario was nothing but generous, kind, honest and proper. To me, it has never been in any question..."

Your club, Chelsea, recently 'smoothed over' allegations with £50k 'hush' money, awaiting whoever sanctioned that decision to be suspended pending further investigation.

'Dirty' Chelsea ?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Uncomfortable reading. Of its time, or is Gradi's behaviour more complicit and sinister, I really can't decide.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Uncomfortable reading. Of its time, or is Gradi's behaviour more complicit and sinister, I really can't decide.

Totally agree. Very uncomfortable and this is just the top line of what horrors must truly have been revealed in the course of this investigation.

FWIW, I do believe things have moved on hugely. Involved professionally in schools and in voluntarily in kids sport (football and cricket) as I am, the amount of safeguarding courses, guidance, checks a expectations and yes at times what seems like OTT bureaucracy, there is now, is a world apart from how things were 25 years ago. That said, people will of course still slip through the much tighter net.

I don't think Gradi comes out of this very well and the whole "great kids at Crewe" mantra is very much tarnished for me.