• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Some key diary dates for next season.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I personally couldn't care less. Cricket was a dying sport before the introduction of 20/20, it was only then that Cricket ever became interesting for the masses.
Well said.

I'd like to add cricket still is a dying sport, despite the pathetic hype of 20/20. It's still rubbish.

I, for one, are happy that the cricket season is eroded by more football.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
What's cricket? :-O

Mike Blackstone

I used to thoroughly enjoy the occasional Sunday afternoon watching Somerset play at Taunton.

thermopylai

Ha ha... a thread on next season's important dates turns into an argument about cricket! Which shows that either people are mighty bored in the off season, or that all is going so well with ECFC that we haven't got anything to argue about anymore!

BarBar

Do City have a cricket team??? :p The only thing that starts too early and ends too late in my opinion is the summer break! When do those PSF's start again?

Extremely bored in the off-season!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
No that it's relevant but 20/20 is an absolute joke and is not proper cricket.

8th August in probably soaring heat is not the best time to be playing competetive football.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Random season start/end dates:
1985-86. 17th Aug - 3 May
1976-77. 21 Aug - 14 May
1963-64. 24 Aug - 25 Apr
1951-52. 18 Aug - 1 May
1948-49. 21 Aug - 7 May
1933-34. 26 Aug - 5 May
1925-26. 29 Aug - 1 May

Pobbop

No that it's relevant but 20/20 is an absolute joke and is not proper cricket.

8th August in probably soaring heat is not the best time to be playing competetive football.
Well said, it's a World Cup next year, so the break will be minimal.

If cricket is a dying sport, why did I just pay for an 80 quid ticket to watch the Ashes? and why was it one of the last tickets left for that day?

People have been saying it's dying since the forties, and at the moment it's probably healthier then ever, so it seems an utterly fatuous point.....

Looking forward to the Cup games though, would be nice to have a bit of cup-run, been a long time.

GJW

Did someone say Cricket?

Nay from me.

World Cup next summer hopefully will obliterate all cricket once and for all.

I like the season starting in early August. It's nice to go to games dressed for summer. It's the same for the May end, which could be stretched to end of May really.

Stick cricket in Winter.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
29th of May for the play off final is ideal.If its anything like last year & we get through then a day out in the sun at Wembley is better than going there in the rain.