• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sohail Sahi Commentary Technique

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jon and Dan on their latest Big Bank Theory podcast (Jamal’s Crushed Velvet) confirming all our concerns about Sohail’s, for want of a better word, commentary technique.

I am sure he is a lovely man but this has now gone well beyond being acceptable and he literally takes all the pleasure out of listening to any game so how do we all feel about sending a petition to the powers that be at Radio Devon.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had a pop at his commentating on the MDT after Ipswich and I think he'd make a decent job of sitting beside the match commentator and chipping in with his thoughts during play. But he's useless at the job he does.

I'd sign it.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would sign it with relish (other sandwich pickles are available)

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gave up listening to commentary on there a long time ago. Spent more time rambling than following the game. Not great if you rely on commentary alone.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem is he thinks people are more interested in him, the trivia of his life and his opinions rather than about than knowing what is actually happening on the pitch. Commentary should be about conveying events as they happen and giving us some idea about where the action is taking place, who's involved, what are the possibilities and what is the outcome.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had a pop at his commentating on the MDT after Ipswich and I think he'd make a decent job of sitting beside the match commentator and chipping in with his thoughts during play. But he's useless at the job he does.

I'd sign it.
Thanks Billy hope we can get some more on board.

The wording needs to be carefully drafted, as Radio Devon will continue to employ him where games are being played relatively close to where he lives for cost reasons.

We need something that will bring to his attention, akin to a friendly voice in his ear, that it is time for him to review his technique and concentrate solely on painting a verbal picture of the action going on on pitch.

Talking about other things surroundings etc is fine and totally appropriate for a cricket commentary but not football.

Maybe the excellent Jim Dale could be the one to have a friendly word in his ear.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ifollow has, to me, made me realise how poor some of the commentary on Radio Devon is. They all get a lot wrong. However, most are still listenable to. Sohail is just an irritant.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gave up listening to commentary on there a long time ago. Spent more time rambling than following the game. Not great if you rely on commentary alone.
Ok I am serious so will you sign the type of petition I am proposing see my post later in response to “Billy the Fish” ?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
When I see posts like this on Exeweb it gives me the sense that all is well at Exeter City.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ifollow has, to me, made me realise how poor some of the commentary on Radio Devon is. They all get a lot wrong. However, most are still listenable to. Sohail is just an irritant.
Totally agree so petition ?