• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So tomorrow I get to experience a match from a different perspective

benh

I've just got a job with one of the agencies that provide stewards for Sheffield Wednesday matches, so tomorrow I'm stewarding during Reading's visit.

Apparently we'll be doing the stand which normally gets all the families so I get to stand in the freezing cold for hours and pretend not to watch the match. It also means I'll be listening closely to the tannoy to hear City's score... :(

journeyman

I went to watch Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff the day after we were promoted. Can't comment on the stewards but the club reception staff were unbelievably unhelpful about trying to get a ticket (as it was the last game of the season and Cardiff were deemed 'risky' they wouldn't allow me to buy a ticket because I hadn't been to a Wednesday game before). Only the kindness of an older couple helped me to get a ticket. Is the North stand the 'family' stand?

benh

That sucks. I hear that Wednesday tends to be rougher than Sheffield United, but thats crazy that they wouldn't let you in because you hadn't seen them before. Nope, the family stand is the North Stand (the Kop end).

TOP_CITY_FAN

Is the North stand the 'family' stand?

Nope, the family stand is the North Stand (the Kop end).
So it is the North Stand?

benh

B*ll*cks, I meant to say the east stand.