• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, Poland and the Ukraine are co hosting Euro 2012

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is 1850 ish kilometres from Gdansk to Donetsk, WTF did Uefa decide it was a good idea to hold a tournament with distances like that involved for the fans. Not to mention that it involves two of the **** poorest sh*t hole countries in Europe.

Why couldn't they restrict to one country ? I thought they said it wouldn't be split again after Holland/Belgium.

The Emperor

Not to mention that it involves two of the **** poorest sh*t hole countries in Europe.
Speaking from first hand knowledge...

The idea was to encourage investment in the sporting facilities and infrastructure of the two countries. However, in Poland, they have chosen the best cities with the best infrastructure already in place to hold the games.

The city where I live, Szczecin, is in the north west of the country, not 2 hours from Berlin. It is the 5th largest city in the country and is crying out for investment. It has little notable industry since the famous ship yards were closed down about 18 months ago. It's football stadium is not a lot more than a hole in the ground with seats added, yet the team plays in the top division. A prime candidate for a game and investment... Nah, best give it to cities with good stadiums in situ, demolish them and build anew.

Without getting too political, and I'm no Euro sceptic, where do you think the money to pay for everything is coming from...

benh

Not to mention that it involves two of the **** poorest sh*t hole countries in Europe.
I loved the times I've spent in Poland and Ukraine, ain't much wrong with them that you won't find elsewhere.

Scooterboy 65

When I was out in Krakow in june I was chatting to the very pretty receptionist at the hotel and she was saying that the Stadiums hadn't even been started yet. If some had been started there was along way to go. Is Poznan a venue as there ground looked ok on the box plus there doing well in the Europa league.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without getting too political, and I'm no Euro sceptic, where do you think the money to pay for everything is coming from...
I like guessing games, me.

Germany.

CITY CASUAL

When I was out in Krakow in june I was chatting to the very pretty receptionist at the hotel and she was saying that the Stadiums hadn't even been started yet.
What you mean! You was to busy looking at her tits to care what she was saying! ;) :D

Scooterboy 65

What you mean! You was to busy looking at her tits to care what she was saying! ;) :D
How very dare you I was waiting for the lads. She had them covered up well anyway.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
How very dare you I was waiting for the lads.
...:D...

That makes a change.They are usually waiting for you!..;)