• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sky Blue in Peace

Bad Boy

Very well thanks and pretty much complete for now I’d say.
The most recent addition is a £100k screen on top of the away end so big that it’s the only other thing besides the Great Wall of China that you can see from space.
I can see it from my house if I stand on my tippy toes. 🤣🤣
Nice chatting to you fella, all the best to you.
Play Up Sky Blues

Bad Boy

Good luck to you this season in League 1, hope you spank a few of the so called big boys. 👍

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck to you this season in League 1, hope you spank a few of the so called big boys. 👍
Thanks. What do you think your chances are of reaching the PL any time soon? It would be a remarkable achievement.

Bad Boy

Thanks. What do you think your chances are of reaching the PL any time soon? It would be a remarkable achievement.
I always say that a 10% improvement each season is realistic and achievable and I believe that should be the target for all football clubs.
I'd love Coventry City to return to the prem after being in decline for much of the 21 years we've been out of it but I think it's fair to say that given all that has gone on we've done remarkably well under the stewardship of Mark Robins to be where we are now.
I just love watching the brand of football we play, we're a half decent side, opposing managers and fans have been generous in their praise and long may it continue.

As I have said earlier, good luck to your boys, best wishes to all of you associated to what I call a proper football club.

Play Up Sky Blues

Come on you Grecians

Bad Boy

Well done to you guys, you've made a good fist of this season. Good luck v Morecambe later.

Bad Boy

Just seen that we have a pre season friendly down at SJP on Saturday 29th July.
It's a long old drive so any suggestion as to where to go for liquid substinence when we arrive in your fair city will be very much appreciated.
Thanks

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a long old drive so any suggestion as to where to go for liquid substinence when we arrive in your fair city will be very much appreciated.
Thanks
"Long old drive" 😂

Coventry away was considered a fairly easy one for us! The better pubs aren't near the ground; tbh you're probably best off going to Spoons (Imperial) on a sunny pre season day, it's right by the station and the best beer garden even though it's sadly a spoons

Bad Boy

"Long old drive" 😂

Coventry away was considered a fairly easy one for us! The better pubs aren't near the ground; tbh you're probably best off going to Spoons (Imperial) on a sunny pre season day, it's right by the station and the best beer garden even though it's sadly a spoons
But I don't live in Cov Grecian Max, I'm another 80 miles further North so it is a long old drive for an old **** like me.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway. 👍

andrew p long

It'll be a 'long old drive' down the M5 on the last Saturday in July to get to Exeter for a 3pm kick off (I regularly set off at 5.30am from 30 miles closer than Coventry on Spring Bank holiday Saturdays so as to avoid the M5 delays).

Of course the smart move - if feasible for you - is to make a weekend of it!

iscalad

Thanks
Club bar is OK for a drink.