• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sky Blue in Peace

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, given the choice I would rather Vale go up than Northampton, given the thrashing they handed out at the empty Wembley. Yes I do remember their 96th minute equaliser at VP and that hurt, but in the grand scheme of things I couldn't give a monkeys.
The only thing that matters now is whether we finish first or second

Exeter Till I Die

You just seem a little bit obsessed mate, almost like you've got some pre-existing rivalry
I have Aspergers mate, people say that I’ve to blunt in life. Prefer to be honest.

negative/banter has been said about other clubs. Yet when I say something about them, gets picked up.

really want to win title last game, at home. 👍

Exeter Till I Die

Well, given the choice I would rather Vale go up than Northampton, given the thrashing they handed out at the empty Wembley. Yes I do remember their 96th minute equaliser at VP and that hurt, but in the grand scheme of things I couldn't give a monkeys.
The only thing that matters now is whether we finish first or second

Nobody picks up on you on that, that’s weird to me. (Sorry for being blunt)

if you don’t like blunt mate.

let’s win final 2 games, beat PV on final day lift title. 🍻

Bad Boy

A
You've made a good run of it since doing us over, the best team on that day definitely went up.

Honestly, had good chats with a number of the teams we've met in the playoffs over the years. Coventry were a good lot, as were Cambridge
We've done amazingly well since Mark Robins came back given our awful predicament since dropping out of The Prem and leaving Highfield Road.
We're on the up now and hopefully brighter days, Sky Blue days are ahead.
Good luck to you in the future.

Bad Boy

Just out of interest do you have any opinions either way about Port Vale?
and incidentally they’re based in Burslem. Port Vale isn’t actually a place as such.
Oddly enough despite being born and bred in Coventry, I've lived in The Potteries for over 25 years so I know SoT very well.

Port Vale...... its a strange club located in Burslem the mother town of what is the conurbation of five other towns making up the municipal borough and city of Stoke on Trent.
Vale and Stoke City fans don't get on (unsurprisingly) but personally I've always got along fine with both sets whenever The Sky Blues have been in town.

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

Oddly enough despite being born and bred in Coventry, I've lived in The Potteries for over 25 years so I know SoT very well.

Port Vale...... strange club located in Burslem the mother town of what is the conurbation of five other towns making up the city of Stoke on Trent.
Vale and Stoke City fans don't get on (unsurprisingly) but personally I've always got along fine with both sets whenever The Sky Blues have been in town.
Vale Park is a big lump of a stadium at our level but a little worn around the edges these days.
I stayed in Hanley for a few days a while ago to take in our game there and look around the area.
The Stanley Matthews statue in the town centre is a bit odd but I did like the one of him outside Stoke’s stadium.
I’m fortunate that I have the time now to spend a few days a couple of times a season or so staying somewhere new to me whilst incorporating one of our away games.
I’ve got to see a lot of places I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.
Just shows that football can be not just a great thing but educational as well!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I have Aspergers mate, people say that I’ve to blunt in life. Prefer to be honest.

negative/banter has been said about other clubs. Yet when I say something about them, gets picked up.

really want to win title last game, at home. 👍
Banter should be kept to the Banter Base forum.
Thanks.

Bad Boy

Vale Park is a big lump of a stadium at our level but a little worn around the edges these days.
I stayed in Hanley for a few days a while ago to take in our game there and look around the area.
The Stanley Matthews statue in the town centre is a bit odd but I did like the one of him outside Stoke’s stadium.
I’m fortunate that I have the time now to spend a few days a couple of times a season or so staying somewhere new to me whilst incorporating one of our away games.
I’ve got to see a lot of places I probably wouldn’t have otherwise.
Just shows that football can be not just a great thing but educational as well!
If my memory serves me well, Port Vale used to play in Hanley (which is the main commercial and retail town in SoT) and moved to Burslem in 1950.
Vale Park was originally planned to be a 80000 ( yes 80k) stadium known as the Wembley of the North but opened up as 40000 capacity.
The club has been beset with financial difficulties throughout its entirety and as you quite rightly say Bridgy 81, its a big lump of a stadium and very very much worn around it's edges.

Bad Boy

How is the redevelopment going at SJP?

Bridgy 81

How is the redevelopment going at SJP?
Very well thanks and pretty much complete for now I’d say.
The most recent addition is a £100k screen on top of the away end so big that it’s the only other thing besides the Great Wall of China that you can see from space.