• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
PeteUSA said:
Hey thats not fair! You cant click on the poll and see who's voted what this time! I'd like to know who the other sensible ones are who voted that he should go, apart from me!
Well there's me...

But then Scrumpy Jack voted me the biggest 'mong' on this forum, so my opinion might not be valid ;)

Oke Andy

PeteUSA ,that would be me who also voted he should go purely as the football last season was the worst I've seen for a number of seasons, but like I said the timing could be better .

E

EXEfactor

I voted go. Go now...bugger off to every fans favourite club...MK Dons!!!

LammieLammieLammie

Stay. Definately. It takes about 3 years to build a side, and we are so so close to completing the jigsaw.

He has signed some technically great players, Jones, Gill, JC, Super Lee, Danny W, as well as players with great potential, Jones and Mackie.

Due to his tactics and team selection and match planning we have had a great cup run we will all remember, and an overdraft cleared.

Stay and finish what you started.

It's not the right time for you to leave.

Lammie

And I am Ant's Proxy as well. :)

robchave

If Alex goes then we can probably kiss goodbye to next season.

A new manager (from outside) won't know the existing players and won't (necessarily) be able to sign the players that Alex was planning to sign. Consequently, the chances of being able to produce a balanced, planned side capable of pushing for promotion would be greatly reduced - IMHO

grecIAN Harris

malcolms said:
Not really a good move to another club's youth set up. I can't think of any manager that has progressed directly from a youth team post to run a meaningful first team squad. If it was a lot more money then it may be a good financial move for him but it won't help his career development
Glenn Roder. Need I add any further.
I'm not sure I'm fussed either way so long as he makes a quick decsion so City can get on with whatever (or whoever as the case be) they need to before pre-season starts.

Grecian Max

Yeah he should hurry up - he should be forced to make a decision within the next two days IMO.

Last edited:

GrecianInWales

Grecian Max said:
Yeah he should hurry up - he should be forced to make a decision within the next two days IMO.
FFS, the story's only just broke and you're already criticising him for being too slow. I'd definitely give him the weekend to make up his decisions.

Contrary to popular belief, footballers and managers aren't strange creatures from a different planet - they have to weigh up the pros and cons of taking a new job just like everybody else.

Chudleigh Cannon

Just go..............please...go now.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
All this kind of talk is media-driven, needing stories, especially when it appears as 'is being linked with...' in the press. This means somebody somewhere said it was possible.

It seems surprising to me that MK Dons would want a manager that is potential and as yet nothing more.