• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shock! Horror!

mustangspeed2006

I thought the referee had a good game today!

& it was never a straight red when Stans got brought down towards the end; the perpetrator was not the last defender. Good decision.

SmallHat.

Yeah it's always a good sign when noone says anything about the ref.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
He should have been booked like 5 minutes earlier for a a very similar foul though!

Quite an easy game to Ref imo and he did well.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

& it was never a straight red when Stans got brought down towards the end; the perpetrator was not the last defender. Good decision.
It looked like he was from the BB...but it's not the best vantage point!

Should've been a red as Stanno was central and only two more strides from a clean shot on goal within the penalty area and the other defender wouldn't have got near him. Apart from that the ref was superb.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Their captain, Lee, was the last man. We could see that from the radio! :D

Borat

Pretty good ref i thought, best so far this season....well done Mr....

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought he was actually poor in the first half but towards the end of the second realised that I hadn't really noticed him after the break. To begin with it seemed like there was a lot of silly stuff going against us.

Last edited:

mustangspeed2006

It looked like he was from the BB...but it's not the best vantage point!
I was in the Doble, in-line with the incident. It was touch-and-go, but the last man could have come across to make a challenge.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, the ref was pretty fair today - I think the first one I've seen this year. He tried to let play go on if there was an advantage, but calling play back for a free kick if it didn't work out for the offended team. Hope we see him again soon at a City match!