• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield Wednesday about to enter administration

benh

[Link]

Assuming this happens and they get the standard 10-point deduction, will this affect City much? I guess if they have to off-load players to pay their debts could this mean another team in our reaches of the table?

Discuss.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think it will really impact on us, even if they do go into administration I would still expect them to be top half at least.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I guess it would have the same impact on City as when Southampton were docked points last season.

These days the Saints are shooting themselves in the foot.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Not much, they already have 10 points, so as of this week, will leave them bottom with nil pwont, & only 5 behind us, unable to offload any players for a fee until January, by then they will be top 6 again at least, & pushing for promotion, so should be able to keep hold of their best players.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Not a chance in hell, Sheff Wed will be at least 25 points clear of us, so take 10 off that makes them 15 clear of us.

scottus86

I guess it would have the same impact on City as when Southampton were docked points last season.
Thats exactly what I thought

Poultice

I'm not so sure, they got beat by Brentford Sunday who have been utter and clubs in admin are generally quite poo, Leeds being the exception. I can see them struggling to make the play offs if they lose the 10.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having survived a winding up order over a £550,000 tax bill, I wonder whether the £1.1million now owed is made up of new tax bills or includes the original arrears. If they haven't managed to pay off any of the original bill they must be seriously up sh*t creek.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having survived a winding up order over a £550,000 tax bill, I wonder whether the £1.1million now owed is made up of new tax bills or includes the original arrears. If they haven't managed to pay off any of the original bill they must be seriously up sh*t creek.
I'd imagine that they'd be more up sh*t creek if they'd paid off the original and then managed to find another 1.1m of debt.

manc grecian

Wouldnt sell one of their players to Blackpool before the transfer window. Suggests they arent overly arsed.