• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seat free for all at Wembley

During the second half I noticed several lads coming into the blocks around us that seemed to not know where to sit and either just stood around blocking peoples view or sat in other peoples seats who had happened to nip out for a pee or some food......the tickets have seat numbers so either these guys cant read or they have low down cheap seats with a poor view and just decided to sit in any old vacant seat they liked......one instance happened right in front of us with the two interlopers acting surprised that they couldn't sit there when confronted by the returning occupants.....I poked one in the ribs and told him to move on cos it wasn't his seat .

ANOTHER THING............I expect many of us have watched "AWAYDAYS" videos..

Question - The guy buys a £19 ticket on the gate for row 5 in the Blackpool end, shows it on film.

He then gets bored because there's no atmosphere and migrates through the concourse to our End and lands up sitting in the block next to ours in the £38 seats....I know because we see ourselves in the background of his video.

so why pay a higher price when you can just sit where the heck you like ?

I'll remember that for next time.

Angus

I agree I didn't sit in my seats the whole game. In actual fact I changed seats the second half. Didn't steal anyone's but there was rows available around the 124/5/6 sections

Majago

It didn't cause me any problems but I noticed quite a few people sitting in different seats in block 126. There were 3 lads next to me in the first half who were nowhere to be seen in the second - could well have moved due to the drunk bloke in front who kept standing up and waving his arms around...

ecfc2000

Day tripers moving around all over the place in block 125.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
i moved cause i was fed up of getting told to sit down in the "designated singing area".

who the ***** buys a seat in that area who isnt going to stand? Ludicrous.

Day tripers moving around all over the place in block 125.
The crux of it is - Why do Wembley offer the option of more expensive tickets with better views if the cheapest £19 ticket ( originaly for the other end even !) means you can just sit in a vacant dearer category seat for no extra charge ?

Peed off that I could have got the same view for 3x£19 instead of the 3x£38 I shelled out for!

spieretti

I was in the 'family section' with the wife and kids, and there were a load of p*ssed up blokes wandering around before deciding to pick seats at random and spend the whole match effing and jeffing. Clearly a case of just get into the stadium and then just sit where you like.

To be fair though, the drunks were less irritating than the toby and tarquin brigade in front of us who spent the whole match taking selfies, checking their mobiles for social media updates, and barely even watched the match.

Last edited:

ecfc2000

I was in the 'family section' with the wife and kids, and there were a load of p*ssed up blokes wandering around before deciding to pick seats at random and spend the whole match effing and jeffing. Clearly a case of just get into the stadium and then just sit where you like.

To be fair though, the drunks were less irritating than the toby and tarquin brigade in front of us who spent the whole match taking selfies, checking their mobiles for social media updates, and barely even watched the match.
I experienced exactly the same, spooky.

Legohead

Banned

Tbh i'd have just waded in mate. No room for bonehead drunks near kids at footy games. Of course if folk want to get smashed then fine, just don't stand near kids and act like bell ends. Obviously i'd have told the missus and kid to go down into the concourse first as my behaviour in doinf that wouldn't be ideal either but they can't be allowed to get away with this all the time. Gets right on my arse this.

Last edited:

Bexster

Which block were you in? I had a lot of families around me (and one loud ****ed bloke) and I wondered if I'd bought in the family section by accident!