• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 23/24 season

Grecian_in_Plymouth

I heard a yarn on the brilliant Danny Baker radio show back along when fans couldn't get Spurs tickets for love nor money - about the time Gareth Bale played for them. A fan always had two empty seats beside him when people were locked out at every home game. On the Boxing Day the seats were occupied and the fan started a conversation with this man and his son along the lines of " Where have you two been all season when proper fans have been clamouring for tickets?" The answer was "My wife bought us season tickets and gave them to us as a Christmas present!"
you cant make that stuff up

Leads

you cant make that stuff up
Hmm I think you can. The waiting list for Spurs' season tickets around that time would have been very long. Both of them would have had to been on the list and presumably members, their wife/mum would have somehow have had to get notification that they were able to buy season tickets (together), bought them on their behalf without either of them realising? I went on a stadium tour to Stamford Bridge and they reeled out the same story but I'm just not having it (maybe I'm too cynical...).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've heard that one many times before. A bit like the one with the empty seat at the cup final (the wife died, all his friends at the funeral).

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I read one recently about an elderly Spurs season ticket holder who wrote to the Club asking if the first team squad could be pall bearers at his funeral and lower him into his grave. He thought that it would be a fitting tribute as they had been letting him down his entire life !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two weeks left of the early bird offer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We're up to 1916 season tickets sold.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're up to 1916 season tickets sold.
We will definitely reach 1917 as I haven't bought mine yet!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
We will definitely reach 1917 as I haven't bought mine yet!
Chop, chop ! ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
1988. Total sold not the year 🙂

larrywilkie

1988. Total sold not the year 🙂
Apologies if I've missed the info elsewhere, but how many did we sell last year?