• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 2016/2017

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
But given that we are getting the stand for free there is no justification whatsoever for increasing the prices ! Rather perhaps we should at least see if the enhanced facilities are more attractive and increase take up of seats on that side of the ground !
I am working on the basis of both stands being similar view so can see how you can justify charging more than one for the other. If anything the new stand should be better as it has protection from the wind and rain at the sides so if there is a price difference the new one should be higher.

I would be happy with £20 quid for both, and a trial to see the income levels would be good. Thing is though if you make both £20 quid you would probably need a significant increase in fans in those areas to make the existing level of income. Would be very interesting to see the split of adults/seniors/kids in the seated areas along with how many are st holders and potd.

oldschool

The club have long had a terrible ticket policy games should be in categories
Plymouth Portsmouth etc can be more for police but then Accrington morecombe should be reduced so regular fans are no worst off
this season Bristol rovers Plymouth have increased along with Liverpool so how about Carlisle or Mansfield being reduced as a give it bit back day and try to increase the crowd we have some money in the bank now so worth a risk we may get a few more in

Colesman Ballz

If anything the new stand should be better as it has protection from the wind and rain at the sides so if there is a price difference the new one should be high
The Old Grandstand, currently offers the best protection on offer at SJP, with closed sides, and the roof sloping down towards the pitch. In contrast sitting opposite just three rows from the back, the rain can still reach you on a windy day ! Unless the plans have been revised since the second exhibition, the roof doesn't even extend over the front rows of seats in the Old Girls replacement. New sadly necessarily mean better I'm afraid, particularly when the architects are chosen on the basis of their links with a Director, rather than on their ability ! But hey, that deserves a whole thread on it's own, so I won't take that further on this one !

richard_portland

Plymouth Portsmouth etc can be more for police but then Accrington morecombe should be reduced so regular fans are no worst off
this season Bristol rovers Plymouth have increased along with Liverpool so how about Carlisle or Mansfield being reduced as a give it bit back day and try to increase the crowd we have some money in the bank now so worth a risk we may get a few more in
There was mention before the Liverpool game of the club having plans to allow regular fans to recoup some of the increase. Hopefully we will see a cheaper game at some point in the run in.

richard_portland

The Old Grandstand, currently offers the best protection on offer at SJP, with closed sides, and the roof sloping down towards the pitch. In contrast sitting opposite just three rows from the back, the rain can still reach you on a windy day ! Unless the plans have been revised since the second exhibition, the roof doesn't even extend over the front rows of seats in the Old Girls replacement. New sadly necessarily mean better I'm afraid, particularly when the architects are chosen on the basis of their links with a Director, rather than on their ability ! But hey, that deserves a whole thread on it's own, so I won't take that further on this one !
True it does, the supporting pillars don't help though if you are in the wrong place and if you are near the back you can lose sight of the ball in the air.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Any one with a fag packet? How many season tickets in the OG, how many in the Main Stand, and how may seats in the home part of the Main Stand?

citizen

Correct and will not happen ,its the pants down policy which means squeezing money out of fans.
£26/£25 for fourth Division football is just plain wrong.
Dont forget they reduced the price of the Port Vale game ,thats your lot chap.
I`m still waiting for the "pay back from the Liverpool game, which was promised."
Tin hat back on.
twenty`s plenty.
UTC.

richard_portland

Present o.g is allowed to seat 1400 presently. New stand would be 1600.

Main stand holds 2116 I think, think taking off the away seats and those lost for segregation probably leaves 1500 to 1550?

I don't smoke though ;)

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

New sadly necessarily mean better I'm afraid, particularly when the architects are chosen on the basis of their links with a Director, rather than on their ability !
That could be seen as libellous unless you have evidence to back it up.

Colesman Ballz

That could be seen as libellous unless you have evidence to back it up.
Certainly do, or I wouldn't have posted. Was in the room when the Director informed those assembled what he was doing. And if I look long enough can no doubt produce a copy of the relevant minutes !