• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Refunds....

AndrewP

When you purchase goods or services, am I by any chance correct in thinking that the consumer has a "cooling off" period in which time he/she can consider their purchase and cancel the agreement if they so choose. I foolishly renewed by the end of March and have significantly "Cooled off" since doing so...Utter, Utter tripe today...and not for the first time. I'd like to change my mind, sadly they have cashed my cheque.....

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's normally 30 days with a receipt, to get your money back.

Grecian_Jay

I think the main issue is that you made the purchase knowing exactly what you were buying. Anyone who bought a ST for next season doesn't deserve a refund, no one couldpossibly think it will be any better.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of clubs will give a refund. However, this is ECFC and we are not like a lot of other clubs. Your money has probably been long spent.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Not sure you will have any luck but no harm in trying.

If you can't sort anything else you could either sell it to one of the tinters( although they probably got there's the first day of the sale). You could offer an interest free deal to someone who can't afford to buy one in one go.

Your only other options are saving the petrol money and taking the loss, turning up and giving Tisdale dogs abuse or if you are a good shot bunging it at his bald head for the first conference match!(y)

Sergeant

if you are a good shot bunging it at his bald head for the first conference match!(y)
haha, quality comment. Would need him to remove his cap first though.

My Dad renewed his in April during the season we were relegated and the club gave him a refund two months later in June so you never know your luck.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure you will have any luck but no harm in trying.

If you can't sort anything else you could either sell it to one of the tinters( although they probably got there's the first day of the sale). You could offer an interest free deal to someone who can't afford to buy one in one go.

Your only other options are saving the petrol money and taking the loss, turning up and giving Tisdale dogs abuse or if you are a good shot bunging it at his bald head for the first conference match!(y)
Come on Rich, be fair, it's not Tisdale's fault he's bald. It's just that his hair hasn't listened to the instructions properly and therefore the hair hasn't grown.

He's just an inch away from a Gerry Francis mullet.

older-codger

I understood that he left his hair on the bench

denzil

I understood that he left his hair on the bench
He's not talking to his hair - they have fallen out !! :)

AndyR

When you purchase goods or services, am I by any chance correct in thinking that the consumer has a "cooling off" period in which time he/she can consider their purchase and cancel the agreement if they so choose. I foolishly renewed by the end of March and have significantly "Cooled off" since doing so...Utter, Utter tripe today...and not for the first time. I'd like to change my mind, sadly they have cashed my cheque.....
I think this only applies when you are not present at retail premises at the time of purchase e.g internet or telephone purchases. It doesn't apply if you buy a shirt in a shop and decide the next day you don't like it (although of course many shops do allow you to exchange).

So if you purchased online, you may have 30 days to cancel but if you turned up at the Club and purchased it there, you're probably stuffed.

I genuinely feel sorry for people who have paid over £400 for a season ticket when there is still a high possibility that they could be watching Conference football next year and/or the ****e served up by Tisdale's teams.