• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

seabornes off to southampton

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
He'll bench warm for the rest of this season,..
You sure ?

If Pardew doesn't have more of a role than that in mind why not wait until May and save his guvnor a few quid ?

I can see him making an early impact.

newburygrecian

Nobody at our level is irreplaceable. Finding the replacement is the challenge. Hopefully Tis has one lined up, or we'll be in for a nightmare second half of the season. I always liked Dan as well. No nonsense sort of defender. Like Toddy, but better in every department.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You sure ?

If Pardew doesn't have more of a role than that in mind why not wait until May and save his guvnor a few quid ?

I can see him making an early impact.
Perhaps to get in before someone else does?

STURTZ

Never really rated him, too many hoofs up the pitch, too many times he lost his player at the far post, too many times he gave away free kicks in dangerous areas, to many times he was turned inside out by nippy strikers.

I'm just hoping that we get to see some benefit to the playing team from the money this time.

angelic upstart

I don't.........
Who is going to play at centre back then?

Please remember as it stands we have Matt Taylor and Rob Edwards at the moment.

Last edited:

id24

i guess as he will be of to spain to practice with the rest of the team, i guess we will see him again on the 6th feb. i will not be one of the supporters booing him

finetime

You have become so harsh lately.

Are we to assume that you are including Mr. Tisdale in this slating as, were he to have tied Danny to a longer contract, we should have been picking up more than the paltry 300k and we might have gotten some decent add ons, or do you blame excessive spending by the suits for restricting Tis' options ?
I'll bite but iirc Danny rejected a contract extension and as such this is the result. He's not worth breaking wage structure for, even if it would have made us a few quid more (perhaps) in transfers.

If £275k plus add-ons is true I don't think that's a bad deal. He's not as good as Friend IMO.

Shamus

I am assuming Duffy will move into this position. Not happy with it and desparately need to get another in asap. Do reckon Tis et al knew this was coming and will have someone in mind to bring in. Could do with it for Saturday or we will get killed! Here's hoping for a postponement!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

And Duffy (if he could HEAD THE ****ING BALL!)...

Edwards was superb when moved back to CB at Charlton. No probs.

Shamus

And Duffy (if he could HEAD THE ****ING BALL!)...

Edwards was superb when moved back to CB at Charlton. No probs.
Edwards can do a one off job, but he's not going to be a week in week out player. Great player, reads the game well, but too old - hence the amount of games this season to date. Definate shout for Saturday though, would prefer to Duffy, but Taylor and Edwards, potential to get killed for pace!