• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United V Exeter City MDT

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listening to BBC Humberside on the way from the game,the Commentator/summariser was waxing lyrical about MJ,especially his work rate.

I thought Dieng was excellent yesterday.No Scunthorpe players fancied a 50/50 tackle against him.He has got up to speed with his match fitness after being put in the team a bit earlier than expected due to Archie Collins injury.
Once Archie and Kyle are themselves up to speed it’s going to give Matt Taylor an interesting selection dilemma.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once Archie and Kyle are themselves up to speed it’s going to give Matt Taylor an interesting selection dilemma.
Exactly what my passenger & I were discussing on the drive back.

Fareham Grecian

unnecersery
You are PeteUSA and I claim my £5

Oldsmobile-88

Has anyone seen the number reported in the away end yesterday ?

CityTillIDie

Has anyone seen the number reported in the away end yesterday ?
2,443 overall attendance, cannot find numbers for away fans.

Oldsmobile-88

2,443 overall attendance, cannot find numbers for away fans.
Some clubs for whatever reason are a bit tardy in reporting travelling support.Harrogate were the same a couple of weeks ago.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he hadn't been getting into the right positions, not having the opportunities and not turning them down or getting turned over by Kane Wilson whilst attempting to beat him that might be a valid point but as it stood last week that's absolute nonsense. He had the opportunities because he got into the right positions but kept stopping, holding on to the ball and then playing it back 20 yards. Kane Wilson didn't need to lay a glove on him defensively because he didn't need to. Jake was doing his job for him. As for the final comment, again it's about his movement. He kept moving, just as he did against Rovers not coming to an unnecersery standstill as he did last week.
And maybe the reason he kept stopping and playing the ball back was because he knew he didn't have the beating of Wilson and didn't want to get caught in possession.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exactly what my passenger & I were discussing on the drive back.
And did you come to any conclusions after 4 or 5 hours of driving.

Overall, from where we were a few weeks ago, our strength in depth now looks really impressive.

Phillip

Ok cool, it's the first I've heard of it which means it probably wasnt serious so to speak.

Similar to RL days we cant control everyone. There are only about 20 of us who are "members" of C20 and think only about 6 or 7 went yesterday.

Anyway can't change what's happened in the past, onto Sutton.
There will eventually be a consequence for this. There is CCTV in all grounds and the authorities exchange information on these acts which are at the very least a breach of ground regulations. These acts can lead to more heavy handed policing and stewarding of city away fans which none of us want. Also its worth thinking of the effect on fellow fans who might have respiratory issues such as asthma.

Oldsmobile-88

Overall, from where we were a few weeks ago, our strength in depth now looks really impressive.
Yes,that MT will have a nice selection problem 😁

Collins will get

Yep..MT will have a nice selection problem.
There is good cover in most areas now,something that has been missing in the past few seasons when players have been injured,suspended or simply lost form.