• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

Boyo

It depends on what his substantive contract said. I expect he was on a coaching contract, but was registered to play. All he would then need to do, is service notice on his substantive contract and then cancel his registration on his last day (or the day after).
Yesterday was exactly six weeks since MT was revealed at Rotherham, so SB working his notice (or an agreed timeframe) makes sense.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It depends on what his substantive contract said. I expect he was on a coaching contract, but was registered to play. All he would then need to do, is service notice on his substantive contract and then cancel his registration on his last day (or the day after).
Makes sense, I just wasn't sure whether a player could unilaterally cancel his registration or whether his parent club needed to agree as well.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This makes sense given the role now being advertised is purely a coaching one. I'd imagine, as with Scott, it would be a bonus if whoever came in could play the occasional game, but that this is very much a secondary consideration.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This makes sense given the role now being advertised is purely a coaching one. I'd imagine, as with Scott, it would be a bonus if whoever came in could play the occasional game, but that this is very much a secondary consideration.
The problem is if we don't bring in a player-coach we are going to probably have to bring in a coach AND a back-up keeper so that Harry can get some more experience out on loan.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Makes sense, I just wasn't sure whether a player could unilaterally cancel his registration or whether his parent club needed to agree as well.
That's my understanding that the club can only cancel the registration

Agent Andy

Lees good enough to be our n2 from now on , we need to nurse him through like the scum have done with cooper , I don’t remember cooper going out on loan and he was n2 for a season and a half .

Number13

The problem is if we don't bring in a player-coach we are going to probably have to bring in a coach AND a back-up keeper so that Harry can get some more experience out on loan.
The ideal back up is a youngster on loan from a club higher up as its cheap and, realistically, they aren't going to play unless Jamal gets injured during a game. That allows our actual future keeper to go out and play on loan as he was doing. The problem thee is that clubs probably wont loan us a keeper who they know isnt going to play.....

Agent Andy

Yes but Harry’s playing youth cup games and under 18s to keep him ticking over , he’s played a fair few mens games already this season and is looking pretty solid most games now . I think we need to keep him and sonny in and around the first team squad from now on and get an experienced GK coach in the building .

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but Harry’s playing youth cup games and under 18s to keep him ticking over , he’s played a fair few mens games already this season and is looking pretty solid most games now . I think we need to keep him and sonny in and around the first team squad from now on and get an experienced GK coach in the building .
That's fine while Lee is mainly on the bench, but the dilemma is that if he starts for the first team 5 times (excluding Papa Johns) we then won't be able to bring in an experienced loan keeper if Blackman gets injured.

IMO we do ideally want an experienced backup keeper, but as has been said, who would lend us one to be on the bench?

larrywilkie

Great to hear that Kevin Miller is back involved. I wonder if he will apply for the permanent role??