• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scot Bennett

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Feel for him making the mistake that led to the goal there. Looked solid the whole game until he tried to dribble it out and not put it down the line.
I think it was fate that it happened to Scot. Good game blown by one mistake and one that coat us the game.

rp42

What about Pyms stupid push out,why if he had to save a corner did he not punch it??(punch)

I think it was fate that it happened to Scot. Good game blown by one mistake and one that coat us the game.
I have said all season that this tip tap football will cost us and today it proved to be the case. I am not Scot Bennett's greatest fan but he is playing to instructions given to him by the manager. All the other players that have played centre half this season have done the same thing. I thought he had one of his best games in a City shirt today that mistake apart. Why does the manager escape all the criticism for his poor tactical decisions? It is quite incredible the level of support he gets despite appalling home form and boring negative football.

Feel for him making the mistake that led to the goal there. Looked solid the whole game until he tried to dribble it out and not put it down the line.
Knocking it down the line to who? No width all game another Tisdale master stroke!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you dont mind me saying so, that is one of the most farcical statements I've read on here in a long time; and apparently I've made a few. I'm taking it you dont like Bennett much to come up with such an inaccurate damning statement such as that?

angelic upstart

I have said all season that this tip tap football will cost us and today it proved to be the case. I am not Scot Bennett's greatest fan but he is playing to instructions given to him by the manager. All the other players that have played centre half this season have done the same thing. I thought he had one of his best games in a City shirt today that mistake apart. Why does the manager escape all the criticism for his poor tactical decisions? It is quite incredible the level of support he gets despite appalling home form and boring negative football.
I am a fan of the tip tap football and Tisdale on the whole, but Bennett is/was playing to the managers tune and should not be blamed in this instance.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
What a load of tosh

Everyone makes mistakes there human beings

Antony Moxey

Don't agree with this. If one mistake by a player has cost us the game then it can't be down to the manager's tactics. Had we had our heads screwed on until the final whistle we'd have had a minimum of two point more from the last two games, with two potential promotion opponents each being At least two points worse off.

'Tip tap' football as you put has not, in this instance, cost us anything, it's defensive howlers that have been our undoing.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I do agree with this. Tisdale's tactics have been poor imo but the players also share a responsibility to shoot better and defend well.

Having said that it is clear to see where the teams deficiencies lie so Tisdale must focus during pre season on trying to improve these areas. We can't afford to be making the same sort of mistakes so often next season. One benefit of having a manager for most of a decade is that he should have learned quite a lot over that time. Will be interesting to see if he shows any evidence of that next year.

4evercity

and no said if jimmy K could hit the target one of his 3 golden chances we wouldn.t be talking about scot mistake

Last edited: