• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Woods signs on loan

exespur

What a superb signing that is! Our CM options are looking very strong now

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always enjoyed watching him play before. Always depends on the right fit for team to how successful any player will be and maybe we will be a better fit for him. Looks like he has a few people to prove wrong which is no bad thing sometimes.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Like the look of this signing as we needed another CM brought in and he has experience and suits how GC wants us to play. Imagine him and Carroll will rotate for one another with the Saturday, Tuesday fixture list coming up. Slight concern that his mobility is questioned as I think we do still need a bit more athleticism in our deep lying midfielders, but feel he will do a good job for us.

He also played 26 times (starting 14) in the Championship last season and has only just turned 30. If he hadn't had an average loan at Rovers earlier this season I think this would have been considered a high level signing.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Welcome Ryan.

...and well done City. Just what we needed.

gui

Welcome Ryan

fred binneys head

Excellent signing and, like others have said, one of the final pieces of the jigsaw that we needed. It's turned into quite a January transfer window, well done to everyone involved.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Wow. Some signing by the way, I used to watch Millwall games a couple of years ago when I lived in the area for work.
He was Millwall’s best player, cracking midfielder.

denzel

George Elek of Not the top 20 podcast gives his opinion:

VERDICT: MEH
Whatever, George. Still tipping us to go down?

DawlishBouy

Whatever, George. Still tipping us to go down?
I don’t know but they didn’t dish out any praise for the win at Barnsley (‘cos it was all about "how bad Barnsley were").