• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley to join City....

Forkbeard

I am taking it as read that you are a Swan? I catch on fast don't I?

Any way, Ryan Harley is THE most skillful player that I have ever seen play in our red & white. He gives off an air of being a bit lazy at times but he can turn a game. He is a VERY talented footballer and frankly Brendan Rodgers has not given him a chance. Ryan WILL (given a month or two) shine at Brighton. He is definately able to play in The Championship and one day he WILL play in The Prem. This day and age is so cut throat. You have to be allowed time, be it as a player or as a manager.

It is no wonder our Tis is in no hurry to leave us. Why risk being given a month and then sacked.
Yeah, sorry. Didn't make that clear.
I'm just assuming he is no where near the standard we need for the premiership and want to cash in asap.

Keeping an eyeout for you lot anyway with Bauza being a player i really liked.

John William

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/9568376.stm

Poyet confirms signing of SRH. Implies it's only because Brighton have started well that he's agreed the move. Also says:

"I was looking at Ryan last January. He has certain attacking qualities we don't have in the team.

"He's a very good player on the ball. He makes it difficult for the opposition and he will give us options."

Last edited:

John William

ps

Is Brendan Rogers really as inarticulate as he comes across? Wayne Rooney can express himself better!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14583015.stm

A Slacker

Banksy

Wish we'd had a longer contract on him then Swansea couldn't have pinched him without paying a decent sum. Seems like we got the bum end of the deal bearing in mind our current predicament whilst Brighton go from strength to strength.Maybe we should have talken the january cash , still all water under the bridge now , wish swansea had fancied Sercombe instead !!!

Willy Nilly

It's clear from what Poyet says that Ryan chose Swansea over Brighton - it's his choice not ours.

That said, of course it hurts a little that Swansea have picked up a £250k fee for him.

C'est la vie!

Alistair20000

It's clear from what Poyet says that Ryan chose Swansea over Brighton - it's his choice not ours.

That said, of course it hurts a little that Swansea have picked up a £250k fee for him.

C'est la vie!
I wonder if there are add ons ? If not Swansea may not have made much out of this allowing for his wages, NIC and other costs.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

C'est la vie!
Well, he had 3 years left on his Swansea deal. Brighton were reportedy going to pay us £30,000 for the four months left on his City contract. That suggests that he was always worth around £90,000 a year to them.

I bet there's nobody on the Swansea version of Exeweb saying he was worth a million. ;)

Grecian_Jay

Is a bit hard to take but doesn't seem a lot we oculd have done about it. I am hoping we offered him a decent contract and he turned it down rather than not trying too hard ot keep him.

FAN-TATIC

Is a bit hard to take but doesn't seem a lot we oculd have done about it. I am hoping we offered him a decent contract and he turned it down rather than not trying too hard ot keep him.
As I understand it Jay, Ryan told Tisdale that he would NOT renew his contract for the 2011/12 season before the start of last season.

Thus when no one came in for him in August last year, or if they did, they did not offer enough cash. City were never going to get any significant money for him after that because the next time he could move was in January 2011 and at that time he was in control of his own destiny, not City.

City got money for Mackie, Friend, Moxey, and Seaborne because they went when there was still a significant period left on their contract. This tells me that Tis will sell if the money and circumstances allow him to.

Gill wanted to move, Cureton wanted to move, Taylor wanted to move and so did Jones. With the exception of Jones, Tisdale clearly attempted to retain the services of the others. However, because of our financial limitations he was in no position to match what the clubs that they went to were prepared to offer. This fact is borne out by Taylor's statement that if City were to progress further than League 1 they would have to pay more. The pity is we can't.

Last edited: