• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley has handed in transfer request (allegedly)

chrisnaan

A Bristol City fan I work with just told me there is speculation that Harley has put in a transfer request on the Bristol City fans forum.

I said it didn't sound very likely, has anyone heard anything or it just another silly season rumour.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Breaking news, from 2nd July.

So if these rumours were true, nearly a month has passed without anything actually happening. Doesn't sound too worrying to me - we all pretty much know that Ryan will want to move on to a bigger club if the move is right to him, I don't think a 'transfer request' would make a huge amount of difference.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooops my mistake - posters join date was 2nd July, thread started yesterday.

Still not worried thought, if Brizzle City came in for Ryan with the right offer we would let him go regardless of whether he'd handed in an official transfer request.

mole221

Breaking news, from 2nd July.

So if these rumours were true, nearly a month has passed without anything actually happening. Doesn't sound too worrying to me - we all pretty much know that Ryan will want to move on to a bigger club if the move is right to him, I don't think a 'transfer request' would make a huge amount of difference.
That was all posted yesterday though? I don't think there's a lot in it really.

finetime

He's going to go eventually. Nice to see we have Sercombe, Dunne, Sheps, Frear, etc all stepping up to the plate though.

Wouldn't be as big a loss as Taylor.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
With the depth of squad that Sir Tis has assembled, I wouldnt be worried about anyone leaving City.

If Harely decided to go, the upsides would be £££ (of course) and our play through midfield would speed up. Also, from what I have seen so far, I am not sure whether the pairing of Noble and Harley in the same side is a good idea.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What we would miss is his ability to bang in crucial goals , look how many he scored last season , but hopefully our recent crop of forward signings should compensate.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's going to go eventually. Nice to see we have Sercombe, Dunne, Sheps, Frear, etc all stepping up to the plate though.

Wouldn't be as big a loss as Taylor.
^^^ wot he said.

ecfctis

Would not be surprised at this after the friendly. Coppell clearly has problems or his team are being slow to start performing for him. Perhaps he was suitably impressed with his two goals and performance to be interested.
With Noble looking class, and the other acquisitions up front, not so sure if any one player will be missed, apart from Matty of course.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I see Noble as his replacement for this season. Will be interested to see if/when Harley goes, who will be brought in to be Noble's successor. Will be bring a youngster through or will be be bringing someone in during the season.